Chapter 8

Day One | Thursday | March 10th

"Virgil Griffin," he said into his shoulder

"Patton me?" Patton said, then looked around at the others, "Get it? Instead of pardon me? We're talking about names"

"Yes, Patton. We got it." Logan said, putting the plastic card back in Virgil's wallet and placing it on the coffee table.

"Wait a second. You're telling me, that Shadow masters real name is Virgil Griffin?" Roman asked, a smile on his face, he still wasn't quite believing it

"You're telling me that the most extra superhero in the world has a name just as extra as him? Wow, shocker" Virgil said sarcastically.

"Next question. How old are you Virgil?" Patton asked him, smiling.

Virgil was quiet again. Already the three could tell that it was going to take a very long time to get every one of their questions answered. "You are in high school, correct?" Logan asked

"No," Virgil said

"Your ID says otherwise. It tells us you are a senior at Venice High school." Logan stated

"Just because I used to go to that junkyard they call a school doesn't mean I still do"

Patton scooted forward, "I'm twenty-one. My birthdays in January"

"Congratulations,"

"Logan's twenty-one too. Except he was born in February, we're Aquarius's" Patton continued. Virgil said nothing. "And Roman is-"

"I am Leo, I am theatrical, passionate, and-"

"Incredibly annoying?" Virgil asked, "Leos are July right, when's your birthday?"

"I'm not telling you that, you still haven't told us how old you are"

"Twenty, and I'm a Scorpio. When is your birthday?" Virgil said quickly

"July 26th," Roman said, frowning just slightly. Why was his birthday so important?

Virgil began laughing slightly, "I'm not finding anything about Roman's birthday amusing. Are either of you?" Logan asked as the three stared at him

Virgil shook his head "No, you wouldn't it's just that- it's just that Rem- or The Duke and Roman share the same birthday. They're twins"

"What! That's not fair! I can't share my birthday with somebody evil! I am a hero! And he is a villain!" Roman yelled loudly.

"Okay Roman let's calm down now. Next question," Patton said "Virgil, why were you outside?"

Virgil froze for a moment, "It's a free country, I can do what I want"

"It was late. And Logan was able to find the people who hurt you. They said that when you ran into them you were already crying" Patton said, he moved forward, reaching a comforting hand out to Virgil.

He pushed it away. "Don't touch me," Virgil growled, he glared at the ground.

Patton nodded, "Okay. Why were you crying last night."

Virgil took a deep breath through his nose, he didn't want to think about last night. If he thought about what Deceit said it would bring back all those feelings he had felt then. Virgil rubbed his hands up and down his arms. "Do you have my hoodie?" he said, his voice shaking again "It's cold in here."

Patton nodded, "We washed it for you, I'll go grab it" Patton got up and went down the hallway, leaving Virgil alone with Logan and Roman. Roman was still standing up, staring at Virgil as if he was going to jump up and attack them. Logan watched him, but with less anger in his eyes than Roman, more as if he was trying to learn something just by observing him. Virgil shifted uncomfortably under their gaze. "Here you go Kiddo, fresh out of the dryer. Roman was even the stains out of it" Patton said as he returned with Virgil's hoodie and shirt in hand.