Chapter 23

(This is the first chapter since chapter  15 that doesn't have a trigger warning and I feel like that says something about me. This is mostly just gonna be Logan and Virgil talking though.)

Day Thirty | Saturday | April 8th

"My parents are dead," Virgil said

"What?" Roman said standing up

"Excuse me?" Patton asked

"Well that is certainly one way to start a conversation," Logan told him.

"My parents are dead. That's why I moved to Florida and why they never helped me with my anxiety. That's why I lived with Deceit and Remus for so long." Virgil said, his heart began to pound hard.

"How did they die?" Logan asked

"Car accident. I was nine."  Virgil answered

"Were you with them?" Patton asked

"No, I was at school" Virgil replied

"Did you have any siblings?" Logan asked,

Virgil shook his head hesitantly, "No. I was an only child"

"Why are you telling us?" Roman asked, "You said you didn't want to talk about it yet. Did you change your mind?"

"No, it's just... You didn't feel comfortable sharing your thing and it made you upset. So if I share my thing than we'll be even again." Virgil said

"You don't have to do that," Roman said

"Don't share what you're not comfortable sharing kiddo" Patton told him

Logan nodded "Especially if it puts your mental health at risk as it seems to be doing"

"But I want to," Virgil argued

Everyone in the room shook their heads, "No you don't" Roman began "This is very noble of you to do. But don't tell us something that you're not ready to tell us. Besides, we're already even. I stepped on you and made you sleep on the floor."

"You did what?" Patton asked

"Doesn't matter. Roman is correct, you shouldn't tell us anything you are unprepared to reveal. As we have already learned, sharing something too early can be harmful," Logan said "Tell us only when you are ready"

Day Thirty-Three | Tuesday | April 11th

"What are you drawing?" Logan asked from behind Virgil

Virgil jumped "It's an alien"

"I don't think I normally see you draw aliens," Logan said as he continued to watch Virgil

"You don't. I do this thing, where once a week I draw something I don't normally draw." Virgil explained

"Interesting. That would explain the outliers of drawings you have in your sketchbook. After hearing that you don't normally draw anything besides other humans I was a little surprised to find a drawing of the public library." Logan took a seat across from Virgil, "I must admit, I was very impressed with your drawing of the sauropod dinosaur"

"The what?" Virgil asked. Logan motioned for him to see the sketchbook and Virgil slid it towards him. He watched as Logan flipped back a few pages before showing Virgil a drawing, "Oh... that was supposed to be a giraffe."

Logan looked down at the drawing again, "Oh yes. It was a good attempt"

Virgil shook his head, "This is why I stick to people."