Chapter 20

TW: Curse words, abuse.

Day Twenty-Eight | Thursday | April 6th

Virgil, Logan, and Patton were sitting at the table talking. It had been a few days since Deceit had sent the text messages. Roman had announced when Logan and Patton got home that he had gotten the job at the commercial company. He had apparently found out right before he found Virgil during his anxiety attack, and had become distracted by trying to help Virgil calm down.

Roman had been in his room for the last hour or so. It had been his last day as delivering food and somehow, the worst. But even that couldn't make him upset. Not now. Not with what he had just discovered. He ran out of the room, stopping just in time to avoid crashing right into Virgil, who had been in the middle of answering Logan's question. "Virgil!" Roman yelled loudly

Virgil, who had somehow still ended up on the floor despite Roman not having touched him, looked up at Roman "What? Did I do something?" He asked as Roman pulled him to his feet excitedly.

"It's what you didn't do. More specifically what you didn't tell us" Roman said, sitting down on the chair next to Virgil, but still bouncing excitedly.

"Considering you are smiling and not showing any signs of anger I can assume you are not upset that Virgil has apparently kept something from us?" Logan asked

"Yes! No! Wait... Nevermind. Look!" Roman said, before showing the table an Instagram account.

"Oh jeez, I thought I deleted that," Virgil said as he looked at the account he hadn't seen since high school.

"Everything on the internet is permanent Virgil, you may have deleted the account but it would not be impossible to have found it," Logan said, pushing up his glasses as he and Patton got a look at Romans screen.

"Not the account the pictures!" Roman said, waving his phone again.

"I still do not see what is so important," Logan said.

Patton squinted at the photos, "is it that Virgil had lots of friends in high school?"

"I had like three, I wasn't exactly popular" Virgil cut in

"What? No. Look again."

"Uhm... he smiles more?" Patton suggested

"Roman, these are all normal pictures. Of me doing normal things. With normal people." Virgil said

"Wrong! You were a drama kid" Roman announced

"I was a what?" Virgil asked

"A drama kid, see I found pictures of you working backstage." Roman scrolled to find the pictures he was talking about before showing it to them.

The first picture had Virgil sitting in front of somebody in a costume he was doing their make up. The second was of a girl grabbing at Virgil and smiling at him, the girl wore a headset around her head. The third was of Virgil finally noticing the camera and trying to take it away. The rest of the pictures were of Virgil and his friends at a cast party or setting up before the play.

"And that's why you don't give your friends the password to your Instagram. Because they post stuff you don't want up" Virgil said. Roman looked at him expectantly "Roman, I worked on one play because my friend got desperate and blackmailed me into it."

"But you had fun." Roman said, he handed his phone to Patton and Logan, "See, the only drama photo you aren't smiling in is the one where you see the camera."

"Roman-"

"This house is full of drama kids!" Roman shouted

"I'm not a-" Virgil was interrupted by Logan shaking his head.