Chapter 73

Author Warning: This is the last bit of fluff you'll be getting for a while. You have been warned

TW: Nightmares,

Day One-Hundred and Sixty-One | Wednesday | August 17th

Virgil's face was twisted in mild confusion as Logan handed him a black button-up shirt. Yesterday, while Virgil and Logan had been building a puzzle, Roman and Patton came running out of one of the bedrooms. They jumped up and down excitedly for a while before revealing that they were planning a double date in which they wanted them to dress up slightly. Which brought them to where they were now, where Virgil had to borrow one of Logan's shirts because he hadn't packed any nice shirts and Logan wore the darker colors that Virgil preferred. "But isn't every night a double-date?" Virgil asked as he checked the size of the shirt.

Logan shrugged, "That would be like stating that every night a couple eats a meal together it is considered a date. I believe there is a special significance about a date that makes it different than a normal meal between romantic partners"

Virgil looked up at Logan with surprise, "You actually agree with this?"

Logan shrugged lightly, "I do not think it matters whether I agree or not. You should know by now that Roman is someone who greatly fantasizes about romance. It would be impossible for any of us to convince him this was not a good idea."

"We don't even know what the idea is" Logan just waved his hand as if to dismiss the fact and Virgil rolled his eyes, "You just want to see Patton with his cardigan on correctly," he said before moving to leave so he could change.

"Falsehood!" Logan yelled back at him.

Virgil just gave him a two-finger salute and closed the door behind him. He smiled as he finished buttoning up the shirt before he sat down in front of the mirror and wiped away most of his make-up. He knew he wasn't gonna go completely without make-up, but he would tone down the emo aesthetic, at least for tonight. "Whacha doing kiddo?" Patton asked as he knocked on the door.

Virgil turned to him, "Make-up"

"Oh," Patton said.

A moment passed where neither of them said anything before Virgil raised the pallet in the air, "I can do yours too if you want"

Patton seemed to think about it for a moment, it seemed like he wanted it but was scared to say yes, "I've never worn make-up before"

Virgil shrugged, "Well it's not exactly hard to wear or anything. Come here, I'll use the normal colors so we don't scare Logan off. And if you don't it like we'll take it off"

Well, it wasn't like his parents would ever know, and who cared if they did? Besides, he had always wanted to try make-up, his parents had absolutely forbidden it even when he was doing a show. And like Virgil said, if he didn't like it he could always just take it off. Patton gave a small smile before nodding and sitting down in front of Virgil, taking his glasses off and putting them in his lap.

"I'll just do small stuff 'kay?" Virgil said Patton nodded as he watched a slightly blurry Virgil clean the makeup brushes before he set to work. Patton listened to each of Virgil's instructions about when to close his eyes and such and giggled whenever the brush tickled his face. "Okay," Virgil said when they were finished, "Try not to touch your face too much,"

"Does it look good?" Patton asked as he put his glasses back on and took a few of the wipes Virgil offered him, placing them in his pocket for later. Virgil moved out of the way of the mirror, not giving Patton an answer as he smiled lightly. It wasn't a lot of make-up, definitely not as noticeable as Virgil's, but you could still tell he was wearing some. Patton gasped and squealed with delight as he jumped up and hugged Virgil, nearly causing him to drop the make-up in his hands. "Thank you, Virgil!"