Chapter 34

It's supposed to be a cute chapter but it is kind of sad, it's another long chapter too

TW: Alzheimer's 

Day Forty-Five | Sunday | April 23rd

"Hi Virgil," A girl, no older than fourteen, said she had a bag thrown around her shoulders. She stood tall, despite the fact that she was rather short. The tips of her dyed red hair were fading but still prominent. She reached up and gave Virgil a small hug. Surprisingly to everyone behind him, Virgil did not flinch or freeze. He didn't pull away or push the girl. In fact, he wrapped his arms around her in return without hesitation.

"Hey Nina" Virgil replied as they pulled apart, "how's your mom? Did she have the baby yet?"

"Babies actually," Nina said smiling widely, "I have two twin brothers now, and if they didn't keep me up all night with all their crying than it'd be a lot easier to do my job as their big sister" Virgil smiled a little sadly and nodded to Nina, "I should go. My mom needs my help with the babies and I still got homework. I just wanted to check on them."

Virgil nodded in understanding again before Nina walked down the stairs, she shot a kind look at each of the young men behind Virgil before pulling a bike off the side of the house and riding off. Nina was the type of person who was born with so much responsibility and determination. She was lucky too, none of the responsibility she took was forced on her through misfortune. She just helped because she wanted to. Despite being only fourteen, she was really mature.

Virgil walked into the house a moment later, watching Nina until she was out of sight to make sure she was safe. He motioned for them to follow behind him and they did. "Hello, is anybody here. It's Virgil" Virgil called into the house. There was a pause before the sound of three women calling for Virgil followed and three women came from every direction.

"Virgil!" They all said, two of them smiled fondly while another wore a flat expression and her eyebrows were knit together tightly, yet her voice still showed affection.

"Hey everybody," Virgil said as he smiled fondly. "Okay, introduction time I guess." Virgil said before turning towards the three heroes behind him, "Guys this is Oma Alice, or just Oma if you want" Virgil introduced as he bent over and hugged the tallest and biggest of the elderly women. It was obvious that she had been an athlete in her prime, and that she still held some of her strength even in her old age.

"Would you like Marmorkuchen?" Oma Alice asked with a smile and a thick German accent she held out a tin of baked goods towards the others.

Patton smiled brightly, "I don't know what that is but I'd love some. I brought homemade cookies too." He said and held out his own container of baked goods.

Virgil moved onto the next one in the line. This lady had her white hair pulled into a long braid that fell down her back, her eyes and mouth were crinkled into a permanent smile. It was obvious that she carried a past, and even still carried too much responsibility that she didn't want to give up. "This is Nana Maggie," He said, once again bending over and giving the women a hug

"You're friends are all so handsome Virgie. They seem nicer than the other two" Nana Maggie said, though she did seem slightly upset. Nana Maggie never really minded the company of Deceit. Remus could be kept busy if needed. Both the super villains helped Virgil in this house occasionally, and unlike most other times, they were always on their best behavior (but best behavior wasn't that good with Remus)

Roman, Logan, and Patton each thanked Nana Maggie for the compliment before Virgil moved to the last elderly lady in the line. She had been the one who hadn't smiled when Virgil came in. She was of Filipino descent, and her black hair was pulled back into a tight bun. She sat in a wheelchair, but it seemed that all the lady would need to do was look at them and they would be sure to perish. Her dark brown eyes were filled with knowledge and she carefully watched each of the heroes for a moment as Virgil bent down and gave her a hug. "And this is Dr. Yelena Percival. Or Lola if she lets you"