Chapter 33

More cute filler chapters that help me pass along the Prinxiety and Logicality! Yeah!

Day Forty-Five | Sunday | April  23rd

Patton and Virgil were making quiet conversation about the art project Patton would be making at the daycare the next day when Roman walked into the common room and sat down next to Virgil, he stared at him as Virgil glued the piece of construction paper down to the much large piece of construction paper. Roman continued to stare, saying nothing as Virgil also continued to say nothing and listen to Patton's excitement. 

After a good two minutes, Roman looked like he was about to explode from anticipation. In truth, the reason Virgil hadn't looked at Roman since he came in was that he wanted to see how long the very talkative young man could last by just staring at him. Maybe he had caught on, maybe he hadn't, it didn't matter because either way Roman's plan had failed and he was the first one to start the new conversation. "You lost our bet," Roman said as soon as Patton was done talking and left room for Virgil to respond.

Virgil looked at Roman, "Excuse me?" He asked that was not exactly how he had thought the conversation would begin. He had been thinking it was going to be another picture Roman had dug up or something, he had been wrong.

"Last week, we made a bet. About talking to your parents" Roman explained quickly and excitedly

Virgil shook his head, "You mean the bet about how you can communicate with the dead? I don't remember anything supernatural happening"

Roman rolled his eyes, "The deal was that if something happened, anything that could be taken as a sign then you would call Margret."

"Whose Margret?" Patton asked from the other side of the table

Roman shrugged, "I don't know. But she's one of the very few contacts Virgil has on his phone. The only obvious female name. And he promised he would call her"

"I also promised Santa Clause that I'd be a good kid, but guess what? I wasn't so yeah." Virgil said

"Come on Virgil!" Roman begged, "You lost the bet. Thunder sounded when you started talking and when you accused yourself of murder we got trapped under a tree. If that's not a sign I don't know what is."  Virgil opened his mouth to speak but Roman interrupted him, "And I want to see you blushing when you talk to whoever Margret is"

"I'm not going to blush when I talk to Margret Roman," Virgil said

"Why not?" Roman prodded

"Because Margret doesn't make me blush."

"Prove it!" Roman commanded. Virgil looked across the table towards Patton for help but he just shrugged and lifted his hands in a 'don't look at me' way.

With a roll of his eyes, Virgil gave in, "Fine. But it's not going to be what you're expecting" Virgil said as he pushed the construction paper away from him. He placed it with the other papers that had been completed, the glue was still wet so they couldn't be stacked.

"Yes!" Roman celebrated excitedly, "Logan! Get out here! We're going to make Virgil blush!" Roman called before quickly adding "Not in the way you're thinking of!"

Virgil coughed to hide a laugh as Patton stared confused. The sounds of Logan's footsteps coming down the hall made Patton smile though. The other day Patton had been embarrassed about having fallen asleep on Logan, but his friend seemed to have no problem with it. Logan had assured Patton that it hadn't been an issue, which had made Patton less embarrassed. "Roman, I was in the middle of a chapter. What do you need?" Logan asked

"Virgil lost a bet last week and now he has to call whoever Margret is and we need you here because you're a technopath but also because it might be funny," Roman said, he smiled widely before everyone looked at Virgil.