Chapter 83

TW: Mentions of Blood, Mentions of Burns, Mentions of Being Hit, Anxiety, Deceit, Remus, Tears, Mentions of Abuse, Talking About Anorexia, Mentions of Fasting, Mentions of Purging, Mentions of Diagnoses, Mentions of Hospitals, Mentions of Passing Out.

Day Seven | Thursday | August 25th

Virgil groaned as he began to wake up. Everything inside of him hurt, his head the worst of all. He felt as though his head had been broken into a hundred pieces and glued back together three times over. It was the worst migraine imaginable, one of those where they made you feel nauseated and sick and al you could do was take a pill for the pain and sit in a room with the lights off while you hope for the best.

Virgil slowly peeled his eyes open as his memories began to return to him. He was still in the basement, though someone had set him up against the wall. Tension around his wrists made him look down. His wrists had been duck-taped together, the silver and sticky cloth was tightly wrapped around the sleeves of the costume he still wore. 

Virgil looked up again, his eyes landing on the mask he had worn. It must have fallen off when he had fallen. Sounds were muffled in his head, his ears were ringing and he was struggling to get them to focus, as though he was underwater or something. Movement caught his eye and he turned his head towards it, it was the same direction the sound was coming from. Deceit and Remus were standing in front of the cell, their voices hushed as they whispered back and forth to each other.

Virgil looked towards the cell. Patton was laying on the ground, his back facing him and making it difficult to see the state he was in but Virgil could tell by the labored breathing it wasn't good. Logan had a terrible look on his face, Deceit must have been trapping him in an illusion. Whatever he was seeing seemed to be terrifying him because he was crying. Virgil had known Logan for months and had never seen the boy cry. Tears were unfortunately not the only thing leaking from his face though, dried blood had dripped onto his shirt and tie, it led all the way up to his nose where it had settled into a slow stream. 

Roman seemed to be having it the worst though. The actor had a bruise across his face that was slowly turning an ugly purple. He was rubbing at his wrist repeatedly but Virgil was able to catch a glimpse of a burn running up his arm. There was a small thin scratch line running vertically down the left side of his neck, only big enough for it to turn the surrounding skin red and irritated but not enough to cause any real damage. Roman was rocking back and forth slightly, his teeth tightly clenched together as he stared down at the ground. The actors eyes flashed up toward the opposite wall, he flinched and twisted his neck as if preparing to be hit.

"Roman?" Virgil heard himself ask, his voice quiet and slightly high-pitched as though he was about to cry, he was certainly about to cry.

Deceit and Remus turned to him when they heard his voice. He flinched as they both approached him and knealed down in front of him. "Virgie," Remus said  as he wrapped his arms around Virgil, Virgil struggled to get out of the hold, "we're so glad you're awake. We were so worried about you! You hit you're head really hard didn't you? It's been hours." Virgil blinked in confusion as he lifted his hands to touch his head. His fingers brushed dried blood and he winced at the accidental bit of pressure he had applied to the wound.

"Wh-what did you do to them?" Virgil asked.

"Virgil, I'm so sorry we kept hurting you like this" Deceit said as he gestured towards his head. "Remus and I didn't realize something though, it's not your fault"

"Wha-?"

"They're confusing you," Deceit explained, "They're still trying to use you, we should have let you come down here. Virgil these boys are still hurting you,"