Chapter 85

TW: Deceit, Remus, Anxiety, Having Trouble Sleeping, Having Trouble Eating, Mentions of Prison, Mention's of Separation, Mentions of Therapy, Mentions of Virgil's past, Mentions of Logan's past, Mentions of Roman's past, Mention's of Blood, Broken Glass, Virgil Meeting Roman's family, Mentions of Murder, Mentions of Sexual Assualt, Mentions of Assult/Harassment, Talking About Homophobia and Transphobia, Talking about Bullying.

Twenty-Three Day's After Escape | Wednesday | September 17th

A hand was pressed against his mouth while another held his wrists down against his chest. Virgil's eyes flew open and he let out a muffled scream. There was a click and something metal wrapped around his wrist. He attempted to free his arms and kick at whoever was holding him down, but couldn't. The bedroom was too dark to tell, he suddenly regretted choosing to sleep alone for the night. But he had been too shy to ask Roman to stay with him and the others were attempting to sleep in their own rooms again. His eyes began to adjust to the dark and Virgil could finally see those who held him down, "Shh, Virgil shh," Remus said as he pressed his hand down harder. Virgil continued to scream as Remus continued trying to shush him.

Janus's face suddenly appeared above him "Don't stop screaming Virgil, if anybody else comes in here you'll be making things a thousand times worse." Virgil forced himself to stop screaming, biting his lip to muffle the sounds that escaped his terrified body. " Remus isn't gonna let you go, you're not going to stay quiet and sit up,  if you disobey all three of us are leaving forever if you listen we'll think about letting you stay. Is that understood?"

Virgil nodded and Remus let him go. Virgil scrambled to sit up, pushing himself into the corner in an attempt to get farther from them. Remus looked towards Janus, gently taking his hand as he sat down on the bed, Janus stayed standing as they watched him tremble in the bed. Virgil's hands were trying to locate the fidget toy, he had fallen asleep holding it and must have dropped it. "How is ya doing Virgie?" Remus asked. Virgil stayed frozen in his spot and stayed quiet. "Answer me Virgie" Remus said as he suddenly grabbed Virgil by his hoodie, he had barely taken it off since Roman gave it back.

Virgil tried pulling Remus's wrist away as he closed his eyes tightly as he somehow managed to mumble the words "I was fffine un-until you ca-came back. I ju-just want this to be over"

"Is that-"

"Remus, let him go" Janus said as he squeezed the hand he was still holding. Remus listened, immediately dropping Virgil's jacket. "Virgil, did you mean what you said?"

Virgil was silent for a moment before he spoke, "Why'd you guys have to do it? W-why couldn't you just be normal? If-if you were normal then may-maybe it'd be okay. I li -liked it when we were all normal. When Remus wo-would sit with me and-and draw and wh-when Janus would tea-teach me to cook. I liked-liked that. I l-loved that. "

Janus and Remus both nodded, "And you really love your new friends and Roman?" Remus asked him

Virgil nodded, "M-more than anything" he replied.

Janus pulled a paper out of his pocket, he looked at it once before passing it to Virgil. It was the last surviving picture from his sketchbook, "We love you too, don't get us out of here Remus " Remus stood up, the two men clasped hands, and then they were gone.

Virgil sat there for a moment, his whole body shaking as he held back fear and sobs. Suddenly he let out a terrified yell, he hugged his leg close to his body as the others woke up and ran to the room. "Virgil!" Roman said, barely stopping to knock before he pushed through the door and turned on the lights, "Virgil are you okay?" Roman said as he instantly appeared at Virgil's side.