Chapter 57

First of all... happy pride month, I forgot to say that last time. Second of all, early release today. Third of al MWHAHAHAHAHA

TW: This chapter is dedicated to three moments where Roman nearly kisses Virgil and Virgil stay's a clueless moron. 

Extra Long Chapter

Day One-Hundred and Twenty-One | Friday | July 7th 

Virgil laughed from the sidelines as Roman attempted to teach some of the crew parts of the musical numbers. The play had been over for weeks now and the crew hadn't finished taking down all the props, sets, and other things. It was infuriating Norah, who had a system and a schedule that was worse than anything Logan could ever come up with. She had asked Virgil for help, and Roman came with him obviously. 

But that was exactly what Norah wasn't anticipating. Roman had convinced a good portion of the crew that dancing was fun.  And they should try it and so here they were, several crew members trying to learn a dance they'd never actually use. Roman was obviously having some difficulty teaching it to them and as stressed as Norah was she didn't mind watching. "He does know that there is a reason they're crew right?" Virgil shrugged and Norah decided that they should probably end deconstruction for the day.

A few minutes later most of the crew had left and those that hadn't were in the back with Norah, leaving Virgil and Roman to have the stage all to themselves. "Gotta say Princey, that was hilarious"

"Was it now?" Roman questioned, "You know it would be extra funny if you learned the dance too."

"What?" Virgil asked

"Patton told me you were quite a fan of In a Crowd of Thousands"

"No! I'm done dancing Princey."

"Oh come on it's easy," Roman said before starting the dance "You just do what I do"

"No," Virgil said as he watched Roman dance to a song with music and do choreography that only made sense when there were two people dancing. Roman continued to dance, motioning for Virgil to join him, who shook his head, determined in not dancing.

"Come on Virgil it's- ah!" Roman was interrupted when he tripped and fell backward and off the stage. He groaned as he laid on the thin carpet of the theater. 

Virgil ran to the edge of the stage, "Are you okay?" Virgil asked, concern in his face.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Roman said

"Good, now I can laugh without feeling bad" Virgil said before he smiled and laughed.

"Oh, you think this is funny? I'll show you funny" Roman said, and since no one was watching he had no problem using his powers to grab Virgil's arm and pull him down. Virgil gasped as he fell onto Roman, which he had not been anticipating. Virgil laughed again as Roman watched him, smiling slightly at Virgil. He wasn't mad anymore, which was good. Things were back to normal between the two of them and Roman couldn't be more thankful, he hated when Virgil was mad at him. 

It made him feel so guilty and sick and awful. But now he wasn't mad. H was happy and smiling and he was so close. Close enough to kiss him really, all he had to do was just- "Hey!" Norah yelled, "If you're not gonna kiss than stop teasing the rest of us!" 

Virgil jumped off immediately, his laughter stopping as his face went slightly red from embarrassment. "Sorry Roman" Virgil said 

"It's fine," Roman said, his face turning slightly red as well at the where his head had been a moment ago. How could he even think about kissing Virgil? Virgil didn't like him like that, even if Roman liked Virgil like that. And he had to respect that because well, he had to! "Wait! How long have you guys been standing there?" Roman asked Norah and the two crew workers behind her.