Chapter 66

TW: Needles, Homophobia, Transphobia, Implied abuse, Getting Kicked out (All the warnings except the needles take place during Patton's scene. I will be summarizing that scene at the bottom due to recent events. You'll know when it starts and ends.)

Extra Long Chapter

Day One-Hundred and Fifty-One | Sunday | August 7th

Logan put the now finished lanyard down with the others just as his watch beeped and told him it was time to go see Izzy. He looked over at Patton, the curly-haired young man had fallen asleep while making the lanyards about thirty minutes after Logan had offered to help. He knew that Patton hadn't been getting the proper amount of sleep lately, but he hadn't pushed it very hard. They had all become used to Virgil not sleeping so someone else not doing it didn't seem as bad anymore.

Logan did not blame Virgil for Patton's poor sleep schedule. He blamed Patton's parents, they hadn't stopped calling him and Logan had overheard some pretty nasty voicemails. Logan and Roman had told Patton to report it to the police since it had long ago crossed the line of harassment. But Patton said that he couldn't do that right now, not with everything going on with Harry or with Mel leaving for college in just a few weeks. Logan was sure Patton was just coming up with excuses but once again he hadn't pushed it. Patton would be okay, he knew that.

He sighed, gently moving Patton off of the floor and onto the couch. Logan doubted he could move Patton all the way to his bedroom without waking him so the couch would have to do. He took a blanket from the cupboard in the hall and gently draped it over Patton before moving to collect his things. He was just about to head to the door when Patton spoke with a tired voice, "Have fun with Izzy okay Logie?"

Logan turned back to face him, smiling lightly as his boyfriend wrapped the blanket around himself a little tighter, "Of course Patton, I will return in a few hours."

"Bye Lo," Patton yawned. Logan stepped away from the door and back towards the couch. He pushed Patton's hair back a bit. He smiled as he bent over and planted a kiss on Patton's head. Patton opened his eyes, he smiled and blushed but closed his eyes again and was asleep again before Logan had even left the apartment. Logan returned to the door and left, a few minutes later he was on his way to the library.

*****

"How was that for a second date?" Roman asked Virgil. He had somehow gotten the emo to go out on another date. It was their second and Virgil had to admit that the art museum and the date he had just been taken on had both been fun. He had really enjoyed them, and he knew Roman had put some thought into it. They had both had fun, today Roman had driven him to the pier and claimed that technically if he didn't buy anything he wasn't spending money and therefore keeping his promise.

They had spent their time watching street performers, walking the pier, talking, and really just had fun doing free stuff. Virgil's favorite part had been when Roman had convinced one of those character artists to let Virgil draw them instead of the other way around. And then when Virgil started feeling anxious because of the large crowds and such, they had gone down to the beach and had a competition to see who could find the prettiest seashell.

Roman had tried to make a joke about how if Virgil was a crab he'd have a pretty shell but it had sounded odd. Virgil had told him that if he was a crab than Roman would be a seagull because he was definitely the type of person who would give someone a fork and believe it was a hairbrush. Roman had appreciated the Disney reference.

"It was fun," Virgil said as he smiled, his fingers intertwined with Roman's as they walked back to the car.

"So you like the dates I take you on?" Roman asked.