Chapter 21

(Sorry guy's, wattpad apparently doesn't like my dads wifi)

TW: Abuse,

Five Years Ago (We are continuing with the flashback)

The doorbell rang at seven a clock the next morning. Roman was already at the door with his bag. Roman jumped before opening the door, "Hi Roman!" Patton said from Roman's doorstep.

"Salutations Roman" Logan's voice followed.

"Hey," Roman said, closing the door behind him.

"How are you feeling Roman?" Logan asked him. Roman had made Logan and Patton swear not to say anything the day they had found out. He had to wait until the next day when both of his parents had the day off, they couldn't afford to get pulled out of work for him. That day was today. Meaning that whether he liked it or not, with him or without him, Logan and Patton were going to tell somebody.

"The only reason I'm not pretending to have a fever is because you would tell them anyway" Roman admitted quietly as he walked to the school with Logan and Patton. Logan normally got a ride to school from his mother, but he had asked her to drop him off at Patton's house, who lived three blocks away from Roman. Patton walked to school every day. Roman used to walk too, but when he started dating Ethan than he also started getting a ride.

Patton frowned as he stood on Roman's right side, Logan on the other, "It's going to be okay Roman. It's the counselor's job to help you. And on the bright side, in the play, you get to kill him"

"Don't I also kill you?" Roman asked, though he already knew the answer. He had been off book for weeks now. Which had made Logan's and the directors job a lot easier. 

"Yeah but I forgive you," Patton told him.

Roman gave a small smile but it didn't last long. A moment after Patton had spoken, a very familiar car was driving toward them. Roman froze, "That's Ethan. He knows, doesn't he? I can't do this-"

"Ethan doesn't know anything Roman, it's alright. Keep walking, Patton and I will not let him harm you again" Logan said as Ethan stopped the car. Roman began to slow down again, and Patton linked his arm through Romans to keep him moving.

"Roman, what are you doing?" Ethan said, "You were supposed to call me last night."

"Sorry, Ethan... I forgot" Roman looked at the ground.

"What are you doing with these two?" Ethan asked, coming closer to them slowly.

"Patton and I offered to walk Roman to school," Logan said, stepping forward, "He was upset after hearing about his grandmother and we didn't want to leave him alone"

Ethan nodded, "Well, he's not alone now. I can take him from here. Roman always drives to school with me" Ethan took Roman by the arm and pulled him to the car. "Come on, we're going to be late"

"Excellent!" Logan said, "Would it be okay if Patton and I were to join you? After all, we are all going to the same place. Maybe we could run through lines on our way, that's actually what we were doing before you arrived" Logan took another step forward towards Ethan, Patton followed his lead.

"I think Roman and I would prefer to ride alone. Wouldn't we Roman?" Ethan asked

Roman looked back at Logan and Patton, they didn't say anything. they didn't need to. "Actually, I think I want Logan and Patton to ride with us," Roman said.

"What? Why? They're losers" Ethan pulled Roman closer to him, "Let's just ride alone"

"We- we always hang out with your friends. Can't we just spend five minutes with some people I want to hang out with?" Roman asked he didn't look at Ethan.