Chapter 14

Day Seven | Thursday | March 17th

Roman had time to complete a few deliveries before he had driven over to Logan's office and picked him up and they went home. Logan was rattling off about horses when they entered the apartment, "Logan I swear to all that is Disney if you don't stop talking about horses I am going to light you on fire" Roman said as he put the keys on the key ring.

"Hey Roman, hey Logan," Patton said from the kitchen where was just putting a tray of cookies into the oven. "How was work?"

"Work today was excellent Patton, I managed to complete all my work for the day and had a very interesting conversation with a customer," Logan said as he went to his room to drop off his work bag.

"Ooh. Do you know if they're cute?" Roman asked.

"They certainly sounded that way," Logan said, not quite understanding what Roman was implying.

"Did you ask them out?" Roman asked, not quite understanding that Logan didn't know what he was implying.

Logan paused, "No Roman. She was five."

"Oh. Wait how did you end up talking to a five-year-old? Aren't they supposed to be in school?" Roman said

"Izzy was homesick, she had a bad cold. She answered the phone while her father was preoccupied. She taught me a wonderful amount of facts about horses that I did not previously know. And I helped her with her math homework over the phone." Logan sat down on the couch, Virgil still sitting in front of him as he cleaned up the pasta. "What is this?"

"Oh! Virgil was helping me make the samples for tomorrow's arts and craft project." Patton said, scrubbing the mixing bowl clean. "We had a bunch of extra pasta though, so we made some for you guys."

Virgil handed Logan a necklace with black and blue pasta beads on it. Roman had gotten a necklace with red and white pasta. "Hmm, even pasta looks good on me," Roman said as he pulled the necklace around his neck.

"Those were six words I wasn't expecting to hear today," Logan said as he held the necklace around him, examining the pattern before placing it over his head.

"Whose is this?" Roman asked he picked up a necklace with red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet-colored pasta.

"That's one of the samples I'm taking to the daycare tomorrow. Do you like it? Virgil made it." Patton said as he sat down next to Logan, his own multicolored pasta necklace swinging as he moved.

"Are those not the color and order of the pride flag?" Logan asked him.

Virgil nodded, "Uhm yeah. I was following a pattern and that seemed like a good one to use"

"Wheres, yours?" Roman asked him, "You don't have one."

"We didn't have enough purple to make a necklace for me so I didn't want one," Virgil said "Besides, pasta jewelry isn't really my thing"

"Oh no. If we're wearing one so are you." Roman said reaching out the necklace still in his hand

"Patton has to take that to work and-" Virgil began, but was interrupted when Roman threw the necklace and Logan used his powers to make it land on Virgil's neck. Roman and Patton laughed, and Logan smiled as Virgil looked at the necklace around his neck.

"Would you look at that, those colors suit you, Virgil," Roman said smiling

Virgil sighed but kept the necklace on, "how did your interview go Princey?"

"I didn't get the job," Roman said, falling back on the couch dramatically.

"Aw, I'm sorry kiddo. You'll find something soon. Those people don't deserve you anyway."