Chapter 51

First of all: HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE
Second of all: IT"S NOT A GOOD BOOK GUYS
Third of all: Thank you.

Day Eighty-Nine | Monday | June 6th

"Surprise!" Patton yelled jumping towards the door with a paper bag covering his hand. His sudden appearance in front of the door caused Roman to scream and jump backward into Logan who fell with a carton of eggs in one hand and a grocery bag in the other. The egg carton flew upward and Logan barely reacted in time to get his powers to catch them

"Holy shi-" Logan stopped, barely holding the 'i' as he caught Patton's stare, "timwoods. Shitimwoods is what I was going to say" Logan said with a nod as he pushed himself off the ground. 

Roman followed suit, flattening out his shirt and dusting off his pants as Virgil fell onto the ground in a fit of laughter that was not in character for him, "Patton, you really need to stop jumping out at us with your arts and craft projects." Roman said

Patton, who had already brushed off Logan's slip up, smiled back at the other two as he continued to hold the paper bag in his hand, "Sorry, I just wanted to welcome you guys home and show you our newest friend."

"Patton, Virgil has been staying with us for some time now and-"

"That's nice of you, but he's talking about the puppet," Virgil said, having finally recovered from his laughing episode. 

"Puppet?" Roman and Loan asked before looking at Patton's hand and sighing with slight annoyance. "Okay new house rule Pat, if you're not dying then don't jump out like that," Roman said as he placed the grocery bags on the kitchen counter and started putting things away with Logan's help 

"I see today's art project is puppets, how many have you done already?" Logan asked from the kitchen.

"Well, Virgil had to finish the sock puppets because I kept poking myself with the needle but I did all the paper ones and we only have to do a few more. Wanna help?" Patton answered before shoving his bagged hand in front of Logan and making a funny voice, "Help us Logan, please help us"

Logan gently pushed Patton's hand away, "I'd prefer not too. Are you alright, do you require first aid"

"Thanks, Lo, but I'm fine," Patton assured as he returned to where he and Virgil had set up the materiel's for the craft and sat down to finish. 

Roman put away a box of cereal and a few cans of food in the pantry and leaving Logan to take care of the eggs, milk, and few remaining groceries that belonged in the fridge before sitting down next to Virgil and watching him work on the sock puppet pulled over his left hand. "You sew?" he asked

"It's not exactly hard" Virgil replied as he threaded the needle through the button eyes and the fabric of the sock.

Roman watched Virgil give the sock a second eye, "have you sewn before? Those are pretty good stitches."

Virgil glanced at him, he did not miss Roman's last sentence about the quality of his stitches, "You've sewn too?"

"What? No, well I have I just wasn't good at it. But you seem like you've had some practice" Roman said and pointed to the pile of sock puppets that had been set on the edge of the table. Some of the sock puppets had been given clothes and arms' similar to the clothes and arms that Patton had given his puppets but the extra pieces on Patton's puppets had been hot glued on while Virgil had carefully sewn the clothes on after he had found it stuck better than the glue did.

Virgil nodded as he began sewing a red strip of cloth onto the sock on his hand, "Yeah, well, Wren worked in costume design and made me help her lots so I have experience"