Chapter 59

Day One-Hundred and Thirty | Sunday | July 17th

Here they were again.

Virgil was sitting in the armchair with everyone watching him. It was Question and Answer time and he was the one answering. He was always the one answering.

Roman was standing, his arms crossed in front of him but unlike the first time this had happened he wasn't mad, just curious. Logan and Patton were on the couch, holding hands, as Logan used his free hand to look through a notebook, ready to ask Virgil a question. "Virgil, you seemed to have a history with the villain we fought yesterday, who escaped police custody after you and Roman  came looking for us. Would you mind explaining?" Logan asked

"He's Remus's little cousin. He came to visit us one summer while I was in high school. Deceit wanted me to know someone my age that had powers. Whenever we weren't helping Deceit and Remus out I was trying to spend as much time out of the house as I could and that meant Remy had to come with me." Virgil explained slowly, "We started hanging out more, and than started dating. When summer was over he convinced his parents to let him go to school here for the first quarter. But, Deceit started having him do some real bad things and he never felt sorry for them. We broke up a few weeks before he had to leave, and besides yesterday I haven't spoken to him since. He's been busy wreaking super villain havoc in his own city"

Logan nodded as he looked back down at his notebook. Patton and Roman didn't do or say anything, Roman wasn't looking at him anymore. Was he mad? Virgil hoped not, he didn't admit it but he was mentally freaking out. He was expecting them all to yell at him for running out of the apartment and using his powers and everything. And when Roman was mad he yelled, it was the exact opposite of Virgil who would just get quiet. 

"Alright Virgil, would you mind explaining your powers? Until now the scenario has never really called for it." Logan said as he looked up from his notebook again. Roman looked towards him again.

Virgil nodded as he wrapped his arms around his now clean hoodie, "Okay so basically I can manipulate the shadows around me. Kind of like Roman can do with his powers, except I can't make shadows... You already know that light makes the shadows go away. And you already know that I can give my shadows forms and make them solid and such. I can make them hurt others, which really it just takes away your energy and that's the part that hurts." Virgil said as he stared at the ground, "Smaller things are easier than bigger things. I can hold a small shadow for days at time but I can't hold anything bigger than a car for more than a few hours. The bigger it is the harder it is to hold, and if I give it a form, and make it solid or painful it's even harder."

"Was that what happened yesterday?" Roman asked, "You used a lot of big shadows yesterday, you seemed really tired."

Virgil nodded, "I wasn't thinking when I used those. I was just giving myself basic instructions and that's not how my powers work. I need to give them really explicit instructions or else they don't always work right. Like when Remy dropped you and than me, I didn't tell them how to catch us. I just told them to catch us, that's why it wasn't like when I used my powers to catch Remus."

"Who is them?" Logan asked

Virgil shrugged, "The shadows I guess, they kind of have a mind of their own sometimes. I mean it's not like they can talk to me. But I can't always control them and they tend to do their own thing... I don't know, that parts harder to explain" Virgil said, grabbing at his head and hiding a little.

"That's okay Kiddo" Patton said to him, "Don't worry about it okay?"

Virgil nodded and sighed a little.