Chapter 36

Day Fifty | Friday | April 28th

Tap. Tap, tap.

 Logan looked away from his book and towards the door, then checked his watch. Had he made a mistake? He could have sworn he heard someone knocking but it was late at night, he thought he was the only one awake. Virgil's lack of sleep had seemed to catch up to him, finally, and he had gone to sleep. Roman had had a hard day at work and he, too, had retired to bed early. And Patton had never been one to stay up late.

Logan eventually looked back down at his book, and had gone back to reading before another round of soft knocks came from the door. Tap. Tap. Logan stared at the door again, now knowing it wasn't a mistake. He got off his chair and walked towards the door, "Patton, is everything alright?"

Patton nodded, "Yeah, I just wanted to ask you something" Patton mumbled quietly.

"Yes, Patton?" Logan asked. Patton opened his mouth, then closed it again. "Patton?"

"I'm going home tomorrow," Patton said, "I- I need to visit Harrison."

Logan nodded, "Okay Patton, would you like me to inform Roman in the morning?"

Patton shook his head, "No I'll tell him." Patton looked up at Logan nervously, "I was actually wondering if you could come with me?" Logan's eyes widened in surprise and Patton's eyes widened with regret, or maybe concern. "You don't have to! I- I know that you don't like my parents but I just... I don't want to be alone"

Logan shook his head, "No, it's fine Patton. If you would like us to accompany you we will"

Patton looked up, "I don't want Virgil and Roman to come." Patton said, "I don't want Virgil to know about my family yet. And Ro-roman he's- he's sensitive to these types of things. If my parents say something, he might say something back or do something we'll all regret." Patton sighed, "Roman's awesome. I love him like I said, he's family. But things are already going to be really stressful. I don't want them to be worse. I just want you there... is that okay?"

Logan nodded, "Of course it is Patton. I already said I'd support you, that includes going with you to see your family. When will we be leaving?"

"I don't want to leave any later than ten if that's okay. I'll tell Roman in the morning"

Logan nodded, "I'll pack a bag tonight, and be ready in the morning. Would you like me to call my mother, we could stay at her house if necessary." Logan offered

Patton smiled gratefully and nodded, "That would be great." Patton said

Logan nodded again, "Than I shall see you in the morning Patton, and we can leave whenever you're ready"

"Thanks, Lo." Patton said, "I don't know what I would do without you"

Day Fifty-One | Saturday | April 29th

Roman stood on the other side of the island as he listened to Patton talk and watched his friend pace the kitchen. Patton was checking the pantry and fridge for the fifth time to make sure there was plenty of food in there when Virgil came into the room. He looked healthier than he normally did.

Virgil hadn't been sleeping well at all since he told them about Tevi. He had fallen asleep earlier than he normally had, and he had even slept in a little. Nobody had tried to wake him. "Is everything okay?" Virgil asked as he came into the room

"Virgil, good morning," Patton said, Virgil opened his mouth to answer but before he could Patton wrapped him in a hug. Virgil, who was still waking up and not at all expecting to be hugged, froze before suddenly pulling away from Patton. Roman and Logan watched the two with mild concern as Virgil's hand shook slightly "Opps, sorry Virgil I forgot you don't like hugs"