23.

MARYAM'S POV:

(Flashback)

"Maryam don't tell me you are.." Abbu said while glaring me and I slowly nodded while looking at Aatish.

"What happened?" Ammi came out of the kitchen after listening the voice of Abbu who was glaring Aatish and me.

"Maryam go inside your room" Abbu roared but I didn't moved

"I'm..I mean..." Aatish stammered but he gain his confidence back in very next moment "Uncle I want to marry your daughter. And we both..." Aatish was saying when I took steps towards him and Abbu glared me.

"Abbu we love each other and I'll not do Marriage to that guy" I said in slow voice and Ammi was shocked.

"You shameless girl" Ammi yelled on me with angry gaze and Aatish took step towards Abbu

"Uncle me and Maryam..."

"Don't utter the name of my daughter from your tongue." Abbu didn't let him say anything further and bust in him

"Maham, Razi go inside" Ammi instructed both of them who were standing there witnessing the whole scene, Maham obeyed but Razi was not so small that he couldn't understand the whole matter. He was almost fifteen and understood everything, he didn't went inside.

I took steps towards Abbu and held his hand "Abbu we both..."

-slap-

I got a slap from my father, in my eighteen years of life I got slap from Abbu. My eyes pooled up with tears and I was shocked, the hand which was always raised to patted and caressed my head, the same hand slapped my cheek.

"Don't utter a single word, I trust on you and what you did? It would be better if I never thought to give you freedom and good education" Abbu said with anger and that anger was clearly visible in his bloodshot eyes which was giving me a different fear to my heart.

"And you!! Who are you? How you come here to ask for my daughter's proposal? But first tell me what you do? From which family you belongs? If you want to do Marriage then to should send your parents with your proposal, in reputed families elders discuss about the marriage." Abbu roared on Aatish and he was standing occupied by silence

"I don't do any work for now but I'll do any work to fulfill Maryam's needs" He stated and Abbu glared him then me.

"Get out of my home, and never lift your gaze towards Maryam or this home." Abbu said with anger while pointing out towards the door and Aatish looked at me.

"I have already told you about this" Aatiah said in whispered and I nodded with the feeling of regret...

Regret not to love Aatish but to talk to Abbu without any hesitation. We both were looking at each other without blinking our eyes

"You are still here, will you go from here after I push you out from my home." Abbu roared and Aatish went out from the house not before giving me the last glance But my eyes were still fixed on the way from he left.

"Maryam give some poison to us so that we can't see these scenes." Ammi said with disappointment and I just cried silently. I never expected anything like that. I was the pride of my parents but they were treating my love as a taboo, how could they do that just because I loved Aatish.

"Call those people in morning, instead of doing engagement marry her off in the end of this month." I felt a knot in my stomach after listening  Ammi's words and Abbu nodded while glaring me.