38.

THIRD PERSON'S POV:
(FLASHBACK)

In the hot weather of Delhi's July month, when the sun was ready to burn everything with its hot rays a nineteen year old mother was walking on the road. Carrying her daughter in one arm and the bag was hanging on other shoulder she went to Hamdan's bus stand which was at the 15 minutes walking distance.  But the bus was already arrived, and she was late to pick Hamdan.  She stepped towards the bus with long steps managing with her four month old daughter who was crying due to hot sun rays and hot wind... 

"I already told you to come here to pick Hamdan at sharp 2:10....you are five minutes late, amma informed me that you went to your home so I come to pick him otherwise what will happen to him? Where he would go alone?" She got a big shock due to the scolding which she got on the bus stand.. In front of other parents who were standing there to pick their children.

"I.. I'm sorry" The bold and egoistic Maryam apologies in mumbling voice and lifted her gaze to saw the other parents who were standing there looking at the scene in which a husband was scolding his second wife.

"Dulhan who is she?" Hamdan asked about Shifa with amazement but before he got any reply Anwar picked him and made him mounted on his bike.

"Come home soon, because you have to serve us lunch" saying that with a glare Anwar started his bike in very next moment he was disappeared from Maryam's eyes and she was watching the road from where he left. She gulped the tears which come in her eyes and looked at Shifa who was crying and looking red and full of sweat. Maryam wiped shifa's tears and sweat with her palm. She stepped towards her home, thinking about Anwar's behaviour. He didn't took her with him on bike as a punishment to arrive late on bus stand. He left her on road to walking so that she became more tired. But after a walk of some two minutes when Maryam took left turn she got startled..

"Sit..." Anwar was waiting for her he ordered rudely and Maryam nodded. She mounted on bike while dangling her both legs on one side, placing the bag on her thighs, she was holding Shifa with one hand and bag with other hand.

"Aaaa.." A short scream left from her mouth as she lost her balance and Anwar press the breaks.

"Dhang se betho, pakad kar... Aur ye bag idhar do... Ek bachhi ka saman hai ya pure khandan ka!" Anwar took the bag from Maryam's lap and she carefully handle Shifa in her arm.

(sit properly and give this bag to me. Is this only one girl's stuff or of full family)

"Beth gain theek se? Kabhi raste me gir jao" He asked in his rough and rude voice and Maryam places her right hand on his shoulder to maintain her balance after mumbling yes

(Sat properly or not?)

Maryam entered the home and scoot to her room to make Shifa lay down, she was sleeping. Then she changed Hamdan's uniform after giving him bath and went to kitchen to serve lunch at the same time Anwar entered in the kitchen to say something.

"Today you..." Anwar stopped in between when listened Shifa's loud crying voice, Maryam didn't pay attention to him and scoot to the room....
Where Hamdan was sitting beside Shifa pulling her soft cheeks with full force as he was enjoying that and Shifa was crying loudly

"Hamdan...no... She is very small.. don't do this, it will hurt her." Maryam said with concern and picked Shifa in her arms.

"Dulhan who is she?" Hamdan asked but Maryam was busy in rocking Shifa to made her hush.

"Papa who is she?" Hamdan asked when Anwar entered in the room.

"She... She is" Anwar looked at Maryam then Shifa for a couple of moments and picked Hamdan in his arms.