28.

THIRD PERSON'S POV :

She was sitting in the room waiting for Aatish, but he didn't came back, till the time of dinner. Maryam was feeling very very hungry but she decided to wait for Aatish. To pass her time and divert her attention from the hunger she decided to write her diary. Making herself stand she marched towards the corner of room where her diary was placed, she didn't use to write diary in regular bases but she use to enter only  some important, sad or happy events in that.

Dear Diary....

Today I have mixed feelings in my heart. I'm happy for Aatish because his family is accepting him, but I'm sad that they didn't accepted me. At the same time I'm feeling alone, Aatish got back his parents and family's love and I was left with nothing. I only have Aatish no one else. I want to meet Abbu, it's been many months since I talk to him. Once I saw him in market but he didn't saw me or maybe he ignored me and I didn't got courage to talk to him. There is Maham's birthday After three day, I always wished her first on her birthday but this time I won't be with her.

Aatish is also becoming frustrated with our condition day by day but I hope that he will be happy now as he got his family and wife both. But I.. I left my family for him.

Maryam was writing the diary but she heard a knock on the door and she suddenly closed the diary before scooting towards the door.

Opening the door she found Aatish standing there, he was looking so much happy. Entering the house he  closed the door and kissed Maryam's forehead.

"Aatish go and freshen up, I'm serving dinner.. I'm starving" Maryam said while stepping towards the kitchen.

"Rose Why didn't had dinner?"

"I was waiting for you" She replied turning her head to his side

"You do dinner but I'm full, Ammi and baba didn't let me come back without dinner" Maryam felt hurt on his reply, she was waiting for him and he was feeding himself with his parents. Aatish didn't wait for Maryam and went to bed. Maryam open the dish to eat food, but looking at the food she didn't want to eat that....

"What happened? Have dinner?" Aatish asked and Maryam shook her head while laying beside him.

"Why?" Aatish asked turning his side to face towards her.

"What did you have in dinner?" Maryam asked in slow voice.

"There were many dishes but I only have biryani and kheer" Maryam looked at him silently and closed her eyes without saying anything, but she felt hurt. There was only daal for her in dinner and he was consuming delicious food.

"Why my rose is shrivel up." embracing her in his arms he asked and she looked up slowing opening her eyes.

"Aatish"

"Yes My rose" He smiled.

"I want to eat apples" She demanded and he looked her with wide eyes then looked at the clock which was showing mid night

"It been many months I didn't eat any fruit" Maryam added and he looked at her with sad gaze.

''I'm sorry, I'm not giving you anything. It's midnight so I'll bring apples for you tomorrow" Maryam nodded very happily and closed her eyes to sleep.

=============

"Maryam I'm going" Aatish said while wearing shoes, and Maryam nodded while picking up the plates of breakfast from dining area.