37.

MARYAM'S POV :
(Flashback)

I was feeling myself as a nanny of a five year old boy. I was trying to feed him breakfast and he was showing his stubbornness.

"Hamdan I have made the same sandwich which liked yesterday". I said while lifting the sandwich to his mouth.

"Dulhan, mere liye ek cup adrak wali chaye bana do"  my mother-in-law said and I nodded while placing back the sandwich in plate.

(Dulhan make a cup ginger tea for me)

{Dulhan means bride, but in some families this word is use for daughter-in-law}

"Amma, your tea" I handed over the tea and again started the duty to feed Hamdan.

"He is not eating, what should I do?" I asked to his father and my mother-in-law.

"Dulhan mujhe ye nhi khana" Hamdan said in stubborn tone.

(Dulhan I don't want to eat this)

Coping his dadi (grandmother) he was also calling Dulhan.

"Beta she is mummy" Amma I mean my mother-in-law corrected him.

"Then what my son wants to eat?" His father asked and I prepared my mind to make something else

"I... I want to eat.. Bread roll and pastry" He demanded and I glanced at the clock that was showing 7:06 am.

"Bread rolls!! Now?" I mumbled looking at Amma.

"Hamdan I'll make that when to come back from school, for now eat this" I said and the stubborn boy shook his head

"Dulhan I'll only eat bread rolls"

I was fade up of all those things, that was only ten days of marriage, and I was working like a maid of that house.

"Maryam" that was the first time when he use my name to call me, before that he just ordered everything without using my name. But after listening my name from his tongue I felt different in my heart. That was sounding odd for me.

"J.. Ji'' (y.. Yes)

"Make what he is saying" his rough voice ordered me without paying attention to me.

"Its only ten minutes to send him to for bus stand, its impossible to make bread rolls in ten minutes" I explained.

"But Saba make that for him in just five minutes! Why you can't make that in ten minutes?" I was Amazed on what he said, I was standing like a 
dumbfounded.

"Anwar saba use to freeze all those things for Hamdan, that's why she took only five minutes" Amma said and I realised that then I also had to do all those deeds.

"Hamdan come here, Papa's boy will eat from papa's hand., you are my good boy" Hamdan was lifted by his father and he sat Hamdan on his thighs.

"Papa when will mummy come? Everyone's mummy come back, but my mummy is not coming"

"Sabaa... Why I sended you that day" He mumbled while closing his eyes and embraceing Hamdan. I was witnessing the scene silently. He was sitting with close eyes, resting his chin on Hamdan's head. His both hands were gripping Hamdan protectively close to his chest.

"Anwar, its not your fault, it was Allah's will. Stop blaming yourself" Amma said to him and I was clueless about the whole matter

"Dulhan give milk to Hamdan and make him wear shoes, he is getting late, he will miss his school bus" Amma ordered me and I nodded while extending my hands towards Hamdan to lift him from his father's lap.