THIRTY

30 | LIVIN' AS A ROYAL

SONNY White and Ben had always been close as both of them were no doubt some of the kindest souls you would come across. At one point it had actually been their own little competition, who could be kinder? Daughter of Snow White or son of Belle.

Winter and Sonny got along as well, though Winter was not all that close to Sonny as Winter pushed people away. But alike to how Ben did, Sonny White had constantly tried to befriend the girl on a closer level when she attended Auradon Prep.

It got Winter to thinking about how much she had already changed since the VKs arrived. Now she had more friends outside of just Jonah—something that she was actually grateful for. As scared as she was of her own powers, Winter had to admit that she liked having people to lean on.

"Oh my goodness!" Sonny squealed in delight, pulling Ben into a hug.

Ben eagerly hugged her back, Mal raising a brow at the two with a "what the hell?" sort of expression on her face. She also looked annoyed at her fiancé hugging some unnamed chick, something that Winter did not blame her for.

The two pulled away and before Winter could blink she was being pulled into a warm hug by the girl. Winter stiffened—feeling the warmth of the girl seep into her icy interior—but she awkwardly hugged her back. As much as Winter liked warm hugs, she was still awkward about any physical contact with anyone in Auradon.

Sonny did not seem to mind; however, only pulling away from the slightly chilly girl with a lovely smile.

"I did not expect to see you guys here," she beamed, looking at Winter with a gleam in her eye, "and you look magnificent as always, Winter," leave it to Sonny to be the one to toss a compliment your way.

If Winter did not know any better, she would say that Sonny's voice was so musical she could entrance anyone.

"Thanks," Winter nodded as Ben stepped closer.

"Sonny, this mall is quite a while away from Dynasty Academy, what are you doing here?" The King questioned her.

Sonny shrugged, "I missed this mall, so me and a few friends decided to make the long drive up here. You know Aziz—Jasmine and Aladdin's son, right?" Ben nodded in reply. "Well, he is here somewhere along with Jordan—she's the Genie's daughter. Melody—Ariel's daughter came, so did Tommy—Tiana and Naveen's son, he's probably off dancing with Zellie—Rapunzel's daughter or something," Winter rose a brow at the mention of her second-cousin.

Yes, Rapunzel was the cousin of Elsa and Anna. It came from King Agnarr's side as Rapunzel's mother had been his sister. Zellie and her were not all that close, but they were extremely friendly with each other when they saw each other. It was the same with Soren and Sitara.

Sonny continued, "Then Merida's twins—Marcellus and Marissa are no doubt causing havoc somewhere..." Sonny trailed off, playing with a long strand of curly raven-colored hair.