Listening To Her

Jughead's POV
I said goodbye to my parents and left to go see betty I was excited to see her again I drove to Sweet water river and I waited there. As cars drove past I waited and waited I sighed and pulled my phone out and called her, she didn't pick up and then I got a different phone number and I picked up hearing "Jughead?" I was confused "Veronica? What's up?" I heard her say "find Betty...I can't find her..." I was confused "what do you mean?" I heard her crying "Archiekins and I...she called me saying she got into a fight with her mom...she was really upset...now I don't know where she is!" I thought for a second and sighed "I know where she is..." I hung up and got in my car and drove to my house. I ran inside and yelled "Betty!" I ran to my room and saw her holding a knife "woah! Betty!" She cried and I said "drop...the knife..." she shook her head "don't come closer!" I shook my head "Betty! It's me Jughead! Look at me..." I went closer she held it to her stomach "don't...my mom hurt me...and I can't take it anymore! She's abusive and doesn't love me! She's mentally and now has physically abused me!..." I gulped and said "don't think about it look at me..." I said getting closer, I grabbed the knife and threw it across the room and held her she cried and I rubbed her back "hey I'm right here..." she held me and said "I don't want to be here..." I shook my head and kissed her head "it's okay..." she cried and said "please don't leave me..." I sighed and shook my head "I won't ever...I promise okay?" She sniffled and said "I hate my mom..." I rubbed her lower back nodding "I know...it's okay now, calm down please..." she cried more and more as I tried to calm her down.

The next day
I woke up and saw Betty still asleep here, eyes red and puffy. I sighed and rubbed her back she moved closer to me and I smiled and got up slowly and tucked her into bed I went downstairs making tea I went back upstairs and saw Betty walking I grabbed her and said "hey...can we talk?" She looked at me and nodded I sat her down and handed her a mug "why did I have to come in here...and find you trying to...kill yourself..." she sniffled and looked down "my mom...she's too much now..." I sighed "what happened?" She sniffled "she blamed me for her working...plus she basically said the only reason she came home was because I wanted a normal Thanksgiving, and she didn't really care if we were together or not and I just want something normal and loving not being alone..." I shook my head and said "hey..." she looked at me and I smiled and said "your amazing and...the best person to be with...don't ever do this again please?" She nodded and drank some of her tea she set her mug down and said "my dad didn't even do anything..." I rubbed her shoulder and kissed the top of her head and she grabbed my face and kissed me she got on top of me and began lifting up my shirt she smiled and grabbed my face saying "I'm sorry..." I chuckled and pulled her down "second time?" She nodded I smiled and sighed "fine..." I pulled the sheet over us as she giggled. After a while we were snuggling again and I said "we should get up you know..." she nodded and said "I'm scared...about my mom..." I sighed and said "if anything happens...tell me okay?" She nodded and said "just a few more minutes...you're really warm..." I chuckled and kissed her head as she put her leg over mine and snuggled into me, she was a little girl, a cute little girl, one that I've grown a strong liking to. Some moments after, Betty began getting her clothes on she said "sorry we couldn't go out today..." I shook my head "it's okay I promise...your safety is more important okay?" She nodded and I kissed her "be safe?" She nodded and left I didnt want her to go but I knew I could trust her, I just wish I can save her from her mother's dungeon of hell.

Betty's POV
My mom looked at me "the school called me and said your grades have slipped a bit." I sighed "mom please it's just like two or three points!..." She grabbed my chin and said sternly "Elizabeth I've worked so hard for you to tarnish everything!" I gulped and said "mom please...I'm sorry..." she glared at me and shoved me "god you know sometimes I wish your father would've just worn a condom!" I gasped and she gulped "Elizabeth..." I shook my head "no! That!...no! I hate you!" I ran upstairs and packed up some clothes and essentials she said "Elizabeth please!" I groaned "why mom! Why say that!?" She yelled and said "I'm sorry! Please Elizabeth, forgive me?" I shook my head and left the house and walked to Jughead's I arrived and rung the bell he opened it seeing me "I have a worse thing..." he sighed and held me as I cried "my mom said she wished that her and dad used protection..." he rubbed my lower back and said "don't listen to her okay? You are everything..." I nodded and he sighed "how about some popcorn? Movie night?" I nodded he smiled and said "come on Ill get your stuff in my room as you fix us up some drinks and food?." I nodded and we continued our nice day together.