Mysteries Crow

A few days before Bettys B-Day
Betty's POV
I was with my mom at the venue when Veronica came in with some milkshakes from Pops I smiled and took a sip "so are you gonna tell her about..." I nodded "when the day comes...so far I'm just trying to convince her since my party is in two days. She nodded and said "well Ms Cooper...I have many ideas!" And she decided to help me out I got a text from Jughead and I smiled knowing...I love him, I'm scared to say it...loving someone is so intense especially being in love with them. I'm scared he won't say it back, but...I can't help my feelings. I'll love him forever.

Jughead's POV
I was working on some papers when I got a call I picked it up and said "hello?" Suddenly I heard "is this Forsyth Pendleton Jones the Third?" I sighed and said "yes who is this?" Suddenly I heard "the publishing house MacMillan? In New York" I spit out my water and wiped my mouth freaking out "yes, yes, umm hello sir..." I said with a gulp "don't worry I know it's nerve racking umm we saw quite a few stories we were interested in yours if you can get to New York in three days we would love to see you in person to talk..." I gulped and said "t-three days? Umm I'm sorry but I'm not sure...I have a girlfriend her birthday-" they cut me off saying "Mr Jones yes love is something but...she will always be there and long distance is a thing. We would love to see you here in three days at 7:30 in the morning." I sighed and gulped knowing I have to miss Betty's birthday... "y-yea...I'll see what I can do" I hung up and groaned. I grabbed my phone looking up tickets for New York my finger was close to buying it and I did. I bought one ticket and a hotel, I sighed and rubbed my face. I saw Olive who looked at me and saw a photo of Betty and myself on my computer. I slammed it shut and went upstairs. Some time after I grabbed my phone and called my dad "Jughead?" I smiled "hey dad...I uhh, I got the gig for the publishing company..." I heard him chuckle "amazing and...what's the problem?" I sighed "I need to leave on Betty's birthday..." he sighed and said "have you told her?" I gulped and he said "you need to tell her or you'll make things worse okay?" I nodded and said "i know dad, I've gotta go..." I hung up and groaned. As I packed up some stuff I saw Betty come through the door she was smiling and said "everything is almost done! These next few days are gonna be amazing right!?" I sighed and nodded she frowned and said "what's wrong? I'm turning sixteen!" I chuckled and said "I'm happy for you..." she smiled and kissed me again slowly "come on we should hurry up and take Olive out right?" I nodded and so we did.

The next day
Betty's POV
I was trying outfits on with my mom and V she took pictures for Jughead since...well you know all of this. I'm not sure anymore ugh! As I was getting everything done with Veronica I said "V..." she looked at me "what if my mom doesn't accept Jughead...my dad for sure did..." she looked down and said "I'm not sure...but your amazing and if she hates it...I'll have your back..." I nodded and said "and if the plan backfires...I have my fathers lawyer my mom doesn't know this...but I own everything...well except the house she lives in but all the money my dad saved over...he gave it to me...and the business...he apparently wrote a letter saying he doesn't want to trust her and now...he trusts me, so...I'm gonna do this right." She nodded and rubbed my back "I promise...if she doesn't anything...my daddy will be there for you...he knows your mother was an asshole..." I smiled and hugged her she rubbed my side and we continued planning. When I got home I was exhausted I saw Jughead putting stuff into boxes I asked "what's going on?" He smiled and said "I'm just putting some stuff away okay?" I nodded and he said "hey...how was planning?" I sighed "exhausting but...tomorrow my mom won't be at Veronica's, only at the venue so...I want you to come see me in my dress please" he smiled and nodded and kissed me. I giggled and held his neck running my hands through his soft black hair he lifted me up and said "sorry...umm...not tonight? Maybe tomorrow?" He sighed and looked down, I asked "you okay?" I lifted his head and caressed his cheek and said "what's wrong?" He shook his head "nothing..." I saw Oliver bark at us I giggled and picked him up "he wants you to be happy." I smiled and he rubbed my back. And I saw a tear leave his eye "hey...what's going on?" He sniffled and shook his head "I...I just am so happy to have you, and you know...I want you forever..." I smiled and set our puppy down and kissed him again he smiled and held me close to him I looked at him saying "no tears, you mean the world to me, and I'm never letting you go." He smiled and kissed my forehead and hugged me.