The Love Word

Betty's POV
I was getting ready Veronica got on my pink and poofy dress. I looked in the mirror there was no straps and it was sparkly I had my locket from Jughead on and Veronica smiled "you look beautiful!" I smiled as she fixed up her dress. I saw Archie and he said "you look beautiful Betty..." I nodded and got down and Veronica helped me with my shoes as I heard a knock and Archie went to grab it. I saw Jughead walk through the door and he smiled he had a suit on and everything I smiled as he held roses I giggled and sniffed them he said "you look like a goddess, an angel..." I smiled and kissed him gently he sighed and I kissed his cheek and he said "oh!" He took out Olive from a bag I giggled and kissed his head smiling. "So your mom texted me she said everyone's there, now we need the birthday girl..." I nodded Jughead gulped and I said "she will love you..." he nodded and rubbed my back and we began leaving. As we arrived there Veronica began my entrance saying "everyone welcome the birthday girl Betty Cooper!" I smiled and everyone clapped. I saw Cheryl and her parents and Jughead followed me in, my mom was smiling and I said "mom... Jughead and I...are together..." she nodded "well why don't you take your seats?" I nodded. As the party began a lot of people danced and most of them with me, I was dancing a slow song with Jughead and next to Archie and Veronica I smiled and he said "I can't believe this actually happened..." I nodded and kissed him he held me closer to him and I ran my hands through his hair, suddenly my mother said "Elizabeth! What are you doing?!" I looked at her "kissing my boyfriend...why can't I?" He sighed and my mom said "it's a disgrace!" I rose my eyebrows "I don't care at all..." she shoved me off of him, I got rid out of her grip saying "mom! Why can you just be happy for me!" She rolled her eyes saying "you dating your teacher!? No Elizabeth...I raised you better..." I scoffed "you didn't raise me at all!" That's when the music stopped and I yelled "Dad was the only one who cared! You didn't! You literally yelled in my face you wished dad would've worn protection! He even said in a note he didn't want you anymore! This is why I hated myself! Because of you and how much pain you make me have!" She scoffed "Elizabeth...it's either you don't have anything anymore or you leave Jughead..." I shook my head "I'll be with Jughead..." a lot of people gasped while some didn't. I saw Cheryl she crossed her arms and I said "I will never talk to my family again...banish me because I know who my real family is..." she groaned and Jughead shook his head I looked at him saying "what's wrong?" He sighed "Betty I'm sorry..." he ran out and I became concerned and confused  Veronica nodded she unclipped the bottom half of my dress so it was now shorter and I ran out I saw Jughead and it was raining and I yelled "what's going on!" He gulped and turned around saying "Betty...I got the offer..." I smiled and yelled "that's amazing!" He shook his head "no Betty...I need to leave for New York today! I have five hours until I get on a plane..." I rose my eyebrows "you weren't going to tell me...." he sighed "I wanted to...but I didn't know how... but it's too late...everything's done... and I'm moving...I found an actual apartment...I quit my job as a teacher...I'm sorry Betty..." I shook my head "don't go... please..." he sighed "it's my dream Betty..." I shook my head "no! Don't go! You can't leave me!" He then yelled "there's nothing that will make me stay here, I have to go!" I gulped and he began walking but I yelled "I love you!" He stopped walking and turned around I sniffled and walked closer "Im in love with you Forsyth Pendleton Jones the Third... please...don't go..." he stared at me and I said "take me with you..." he was in tears he sniffled and shook his head "you need to stay here...it's your home..." I scoffed "my home isn't where all my sadness is...it's with the person I love...your my home..." he groaned and looked at me in the eyes "im gonna regret this..." and he ran up to me and grabbed my face and kissed me I held his wrists as he held my face and gulped and leaned my forehead on his "E-Elizabeth Cooper...I love you too..." I smiled and suddenly he said "I think it's the right time to give you your present..." I was confused and he went down on one knee and said "marry me..." I rose my eyebrows "Jughead..." he gulped and took out a ring. I realized it was my grandmothers ring from my fathers side "marry me...please..." I smiled and asked "w-where did you get that ring?" He smiled and said "your dad..." I licked my lips as he said "in the letter he said if I do fall in love with you...use this..." I smiled and rubbed my eyes "marry me Elizabeth Cooper, make me the happiest man in the world and marry me..." I nodded and he put it on my ring finger he grabbed my face and kissed me I smiled and held his face "we need to go though.. I need to head to New York now..." I nodded and we began running back to his house in the rain. As we grabbed some luggage's I saw Veronica and Archie outside I smiled and Veronica hugged me "my mom and dad said your mother is an idiot and she ran...we don't know where..." I sighed and she smiled "but your father put my parents as your legal guardians..." I giggled and hugged Veronica "your my sister now...and my mom and dad said they would pay for home and anything you guys need..." I smiled and she said "I'm not gonna let my best friend not be happy..." I giggled and nodded "also Jughead...we canceled your flight because...the Lodges won a plane company...we got you a plane!" I smiled and Jughead smiled and said "you okay?" I nodded and kissed him "as long as I have you...I'm always okay..."