Quarter - 45

They got mixed feelings in silence shortly after entering the locker room. Joy was the last to arrive and then sat on the very end of the bench. The game they played with all the spirit is over. She seemed to want to cry but couldn't.

It was suffocating.

"Well done." Coach Seo suddenly came, broke the silence inside the room. "You did great. Since this is over, don't blame yourself or feel bad about it. Regardless of the result, your basketball skill improved and grew much."

He stopped before continuing his words.

"Technically, this is my fault, not your fault. I feel bad because our goal is too high. It must have been too much for you, I am sorry about that."

Everyone just stayed in silence when Coach Seo goes on. "As a basketball player who played basketball for my whole life, I know it wasn't easy for you to play basketball when you have such a busy schedule. I really appreciate that."

"One day." Coach Seo continued his words with hope in it. "If we ever get a chance, to play together again, we can..." He trailed his words, tried to find a better words to tell everyone about his mind before finally speaks, "We can try again."

Julien tried to hold his tears as his eyes started to look bloodshot.

"Unfortunately. This is the end of our journey. Just like our promise in the beginning."

Coach Seo got up from his seat.

"Really yeorobun, you've done a good job. Thank you I really appreciate it." He suddenly bowed to Handsome Tigers that made them hurriedly got up from their seat and bowed to him back.

He said goodbye for the last time as a coach.

"Thank you, jjinja. Well done, yeorobun." He then walked to Handsome Tigers and shaked their hand. "Sorry you didn't get to play today." He said to Shorry, Tae Soon and Jihoon.

"Joy, well done.."

Joy took that big man's hand and hold it tight. She could feel that her tears might down in no time but she held it back. Hardly.

"Go get changed."

"Coach Seo.."

"Ne?"

"You see.." Jihoon trailed his words. "I don't know if I deserve to say this, but I am not sure this is the right way to end this. We practiced for a long time, but because only one game, we have to say goodbye to you.."

"In the beginning, we talked about it. If we lose in the tournament. We have to end it. We made a promise. We should keep our words." Coach Seo answered it wisely.

Ji Seok started to stare blankly at the ceiling. Hold his tears as much as he can.

Jihoon started to sob. A lot.

Eun Woo, who hadn't been crying since, started to cry and was busy wiping away his tears.

"Aniway we all on TV, we can meet in other show." Coach Seo tried to change the atmosphere. "In other show, I'd never talk to you this way. There will be more smiles. Let's do that, okay? Now we're a team. There will be more chances for us to meet."

Coach Seo showed his best smile before asked them to change and left the locker room.

Julien patted Jihoon lightly. Sang Yun hugged him and Eun Woo brushed his head softly, he could feel tears stream down on his face. He just couldn't hold it back.

"It was a good memory. It's alright." Julien said.

Eun Woo stared at them and started to burst in tears. He was sobbing hard while Seun Hyun patting him.