THIRTY-THREE

33 | LOVE GAME? MORE LIKE LOVE SPELL

DIRTY Diana ended, but Winter was still chest-to-chest with Harry. Her heart was pulsing frantically, seeming to beat right out of her chest. Sweaty teens danced around them, and yet the two could not seem to pull their eyes away from each other.

Winter was locked onto the blues of Harry's irises, and she could not find it in herself to fight the tug. They had not even realized they stopped dancing and were instead leaning into each other.

Harry's hands moved away from her waist, and Winter felt his hand grip at her own glove-covered one. They were just barely holding fingertips, swaying gently to the loud upbeat music. Winter could smell the fruity tang to Harry's breath leading her to believe he had some sort of fruity drink earlier.

Harry himself could feel the coolness wafting from Winter's skin, the pirate leaning down until their noses were just brushing. Winter swallowed, her thoughts a jumbled mess and her heart taking the lead.

So close.

Two more centimeters and Winter would have her first kiss. Two more centimeters and Harry Hook would steal Winterfell Frost's first kiss. Two more centimeters and they would find out that there was such as true love's kiss.

   ....

Two more centimeters and Jonah would lose a hundred bucks, he would lose the bet!

And like that, two more centimeters became five inches as Jonah literally dragged Harry away from Winter.

"Sorry, but I am not losing this bet!"

Harry growled as both he and Winter snapped out of it, realizing what happened.

"Ya complete arse!" Harry barked at the guy dressed as Elvis Presley, understanding that had he not interfered, he would be smooching Winter right now.

Beware and never release. Conceal don't feel. Don't let him in.

Winter's eyes were wide, her heart beating frantically as she apprehended what could have happened. Jonah had saved her from losing herself.

Winter liked to think her heart was frozen. Just because someone had a frozen heart did not mean they were cruel or evil (her parents were rather nice anyway) but it was still a frozen heart. There was no way Harry, who had a warm heart, should deal with the likes of Winter's frozen nature.

Her parents were perfect for each other because they both had frozen hearts, they complimented each other. Winter did not compliment Harry, she was dangerous for him.

He may have been a tough Isle pirate but at the end of the day, he had no magic. He would never be entirely safe around someone like Winterfell.

That was too close, she could not allow it to happen again.