♕ Luciana Targaryen ♕

Full Name:

Full Name:

Luciana Eudora Targaryen

Nickname:

Lucia

House:

House Targaryen, current reigning Queen Of Westeros

Titles:

The Dragon Queen, The White Queen, The Enchantress Of Dragons

Age:

46 years young

Appearance/Faceclaim: 

Sienna Miller, but with amethyst eyes. 

Gender:

Gender:

Female

Sexuality:

Bisexual

Personality: Luciana is a proud and noble woman, the great-great-great granddaughter of Danaerys Targaryen. The eldest daughter of a marriage between a Targaryen King and his first cousin, Luciana is born-and-bred royalty, sporting the classic blonde hair and violet eyes of her people. The Queen's mother was of half-Dornish lineage, giving Luciana a golden tone to her hair and skin that is not fully Targaryen.

Luciana loves her children, but her relationships with all three are complex. All carry a kind of deep unhappiness within them, and she secretly worries about their sanity and emotional well-being. She herself has a kind of stoic optimism about life, believing that even though people don't always get what they want, life tends to work out as a whole. She understands loss, grief, and pain are just part of the human experience and does not dwell. This can seem callous or self-centred, but it is instead a way of coping with life's difficulties in a graceful and dignified way. She does not wear her heart on her sleeve.

Despite her age, Luciana is still concerned with fashion, etiquette, gossip, and flirtation in the way she has always been. It can make her appear frivolous or less intelligent than she is, but she is actually a very bright woman accustomed to knowing and occupying a certain place in society. She has a cruel and malicious streak in her, and a sharp wit that can cut like a dagger, traits she has passed on to her daughter. However, Luciana cloaks this in the manners of a Queen, never stooping so low as to raise her voice or curse at those beneath her--meaning everyone.

She is not the best wife or mother, but in her own way, her family always comes first. She is a fair and diplomatic Queen who knows her own mind, and is wise enough to see the truth behind the fiction that others present. Somehow, she is able to stay one or two steps ahead of those who plot against her. One never knows who is a friend or a spy to the Queen, and she creates personal connections and doles out favours as something more valuable than currency.

Backstory:

Ascending to the throne upon the death of her father, Luciana was raised to be a strong, independent woman who also knows the value of social graces and tradition. Upon her father's death, she inherited a large black dragon, a symbol of who she is and who she would become. The matriarch of the Targaryen family, Luciana embodies a kind of understated strength. She would rather be loved than feared, but she realises it ultimately doesn't matter, as long as she is able to count on the support of those she needs, when she needs it. Life is a very long and complex chess game for this Queen.

Luciana was married to the eldest son of House Greyjoy, though they were betrothed as children as part of her father's plan to win loyal allies from the North. She gave birth to three children during their nearly twenty years of marriage, though neither of them was known for honouring the "fidelity" portion of their marriage vows. Luciana's youngest son is rumoured by most of the kingdom to be illegitimate. For some unknown reason, she has always refused to declare him the King's son, though she never forgave the King for doing the same. There is some speculation that the father of the youngest prince is the now-deceased Lord Tyrell, though Luciana does not speak a word on the topic. She treats her youngest son with a kind of disdain when she acknowledges him at all, and keeps a greater distance than she does from her other children. Luciana is also rumoured to have conducted an affair with the first-born Lord Mormont, the Hand to the Queen, and she has since shown favour to the house.

Owing to her mother's lineage, the Princess of Dorne is her cousin and closest living blood relation. Luciana has a special interest in protecting the four Martell children. She also arranged for the youngest Velaryon boy to receive his upbringing and education there. When the eldest Martell turned 18, Luciana brought her to King's Landing to make a suitable match. There were complications. The girl ended up learning to become a strong fighter, and is now a fierce and lovely palace guard.

Now a widow, Luciana has proven herself to be a self-sufficient and capable ruler beneath the guise of being a beautiful middle-aged woman, a widow content to live alone and watch her children grow. She is far more than that. She has no plans to vacate her throne anytime soon, nor to take a King Consort to sit beside her. After this many years, she believes she has earned her freedom and her kingdom. She thinks she is securing the throne for generations to come by marrying her two eldest children to members of House Velaryon, a small clan that is intertwined with the Targaryen ancestry. 

Quote: 

"All men must die, but we are not men."--- George R.R. Martin, A Song Of Ice And Fire

 Martin, A Song Of Ice And Fire