♕ Chapter 2: Off-White Weddings ♕

The festivities of a royal wedding have taken over Westeros, and seemingly everyone is at King's Landing for the celebration

The festivities of a royal wedding have taken over Westeros, and seemingly everyone is at King's Landing for the celebration. From reclusive Northerners who've traveled a long time to pay their respects to distant relations from Dorne hoping to make suitable matches or turn a profit, the Royal Wedding and the Red Keep are overrun with all manner of curious people. 

Visenya Targaryen, the Royal Princess, prepares to marry her cousin Nikolai Velaryon. After visits from her family members, the not-quite blushing bride is ready for her stroll down the aisle. Surprisingly, the Princess is not only agreeable to the match but in a happy and hopeful disposition regarding her future. While the Queen and her brothers prepare her with gifts, advice, and last minute ways to soothe the nerves, a more sordid scandal is being whispered about. 

Jacaerys, The Crown Prince, will not be wed to Aenira Velaryon. Although initially admired for her maidenly charm and demure ways, Queen Luciana ejected her from the Red Keep---mostly because the beautiful bride ran off, wedding dress and all, and pledged her vows to Severin Tyrell. The pair now find themselves in an awkward situation, second in line to their respective houses and at the mercy of others to determine their futures. While Aenira has had the unpleasant task of confronting both the Queen and the Prince with her choice, Severin broke off his dalliance with a seemingly heartbroken Catherine Lannister. The pair has been banned from the wedding and while Visenya and Nikolai exchange vows in a formal celebration, Aenira and Severin cozy up to each other, realising that the next days will be difficult for them 

 The pair has been banned from the wedding and while Visenya and Nikolai exchange vows in a formal celebration, Aenira and Severin cozy up to each other, realising that the next days will be difficult for them 

In attendance are two late arrivals. One is Zevoa de Santis, a royal consort brought from Dorne on orders of the Queen. Though she looks suspiciously like the youngest Martell girl in many ways, Zevoa is a highly-trained courtesan and not a mysterious assassin, as some suspect. After the last royal mistress caused quite a bit of scandal and showed her desire for social climbing, the Queen decided a professional would cause less trouble in keeping King's Landing amused.  That has yet to be determined. Zevoa is just a little too proud and willing to speak her mind for her station in the Targaryen court, and has accidentally offended those she was sent to charm.

The second arrival is just as scandalous, Lord Charles Lannister. The head of the Lannister family, he is an intelligent politician and quick-tempered warrior. It is rumoured that he suffers from the madness and consuming ambition that plagued the Lannisters of old. Despite his charm and good looks, there are whispers everywhere he goes. People also say he suffers from the age-old Lannister affliction of being attracted to his own sisters, but who isn't gossiped about that way in Westeros? Those who are brave enough want to get to know him and he is begrudgingly approachable, knowing the Targaryen Queen wants him to take a wife and produce an heir. He has no intention of doing so and would prefer to take back his family's power, but for now, he placates her. It is not difficult to ignite the wrath of Lord Lannister, a man who suffers all the deadly sins in the span of minutes. Most know to tread lightly. 

A murderer is still walking about King's Landing, as no one had discovered who was responsible for the poisoning of the eldest Velaryon son. It doesn't seem to stop people from consuming copious amounts of wine and enjoying the opportunity to make deals, political alliances, and love matches. 

It falls to the Queen to make a formal announcement about the cancellation of the Prince's wedding

It falls to the Queen to make a formal announcement about the cancellation of the Prince's wedding. She will also request the Lords and Ladies who traveled so far extend their plans by a fortnight in order to properly celebrate the wedding of Aenira Velaryon and Severin Tyrell. Determined to give the match a sense of propriety, the Queen and Lady Tyrell act as if nothing is amiss and everything has worked out for the best. Meanwhile, the Prince appears not quite himself and his brother Lucerys lurks in the shadows. Luciana is busy meeting with potential matches for both her sons, as every family in Westeros either wants to get ahead or has a secret just as scandalous as the runaway bride. 

Amidst the plotting and the scheming, everyone forgets about the poor murdered Velaryon Lord. It is a mistake that will prove to be costly for at least one person in attendance. Whether it is today or in days to come, time will tell.

Note: At the end of this chapter, there will be a time jump of one and a half weeks. It is advised that people finish up some of the chains and plots carried over from last chapter, as they may be less relevant in a week and a half. At least one character will fall victim to the Story Gods at the end of this week.