♕ Oliver Mormont ♕

Role: The Lord Of Bears

Name: Oliver Edmund Mormont

Nickname: Oli 

Age: 26

Gender: Male

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Appearance/Faceclaim: Theo James

Personality: Oliver is a strong and old-fashioned kind of man, the type who believes his obligation in life is to fight for his Queen, provide for his family, and provide a good example for the little ones. Many think he's serious and austere, or maybe just a little bit of a prude. Oliver thinks he's sensible and moral, unlike most around him. Of course, he's not perfect. He's often too hard on himself and those closest to him. He can't help but condemn everyone else's choices when he knows better, which makes him not only a little self-righteous but also hypocritical. He gives into temptation every now and then, whether it's a drunken night of playing cards in a tavern or eating a fancy meal someone else paid for while his family is at home making do. He's extremely hard on himself for these imperfections, and especially for the way he finds himself attracted to the Commander of the Queensguard, even though he is married and he knows he owes his Commander more respect. He struggles with himself over feelings he considers dishonorable to his wife and his commander, who should be seen no differently than the men he fights alongside. Oliver is the strong and silent type, not prone to showing emotion. He thinks emotions weaken people and he has many to be strong for. He admires his wife for her strength and her ability to always be gracious and strong of character. 

Backstory: Born the second son of the large Mormont clan, a strong sense of morality and work ethic was instilled in him at an early age. Of all the houses, the Mormonts are the most devoted to family, loyalty, and living life honorably, though it definitely doesn't mean they don't have secrets. A poor house of strong warriors, both men and women are expected to be tough, rational, and put aside personal need for the good of others. His elder brother is a warrior of great reputation who so pleased the Targaryen Queen, she made him her Hand. Giving up the battlefield for politics wasn't an easy choice, and he renounced his title as Lord Mormont in exchange for the family's debts being paid and the house raised in standing. Oliver assumed the duties of Lord Mormont without question, although part of him sees his older brother as someone who was willing to sell himself for the right price. He vowed he would never have his head turned by the powerful and the privileged, and chose to marry the Lady of House Karstark, another house of the North that understands hardship and sacrifice. Oliver worries the youngest Mormont daughter is too in love with the way of life embraced by the royals and nobles of the South, and she's grown selfish and delicate. He hopes his wife will have a positive influence on her. 

Strengths: Loyal, caring, honorable, strong, a dependable provider and devoted family man. 

Weaknesses: Stern, austere, a little tight-fisted with money, expects too much of himself and others, unforgiving of his own faults.