♕ Gales ♕

Role : The Shifter

Role : The Shifter

Name : Gales (no last name)

Nickname : old wolf. That's it XD 

Age : 30

Gender : male

Appearance : Vincent Von Thien

Sexuality : heterosexual 

Personality : grumpy and wild, he is not easy to tame and become friends with but only for the starks. He is extremely loyal to them and would be ready to give his life for them. He doesn't consider himself superior, due to being the last of his specie. He's really careful and he has a soft spot for children. Looking for a wife is really not his priority. He thinks no women would want to be married to a beast, and he thinks they are right. So that's why, unlike many men's, flirting with the ladies isn't a daily activity. He prefers to guard winterfell and is very serious during his job. 

Backstory : Gales was born in the wild of the Westeros forest from the last two remaining skin changers in the whole world. He had a little twin brother but he died at the age of three months. Gales never saw the inside of a castle, never slept in a bed, never ate with forks and knives and he never learned how to read and write. Instead, his parents taught him how to survive, hunt and fight. When he was five years old, his mother was killed by a Lannister hunting trip. The last thing Gales saw of her, was a bunch of men sitting around a fire, each holding a piece of wolf meat. Her head was cut off and her pelt had been ripped off her skin while she was laying on the ground, completely dead. His father was boiling of rage and promise to have his revenge. At the age of 12, the father ran into a men that was on the hunting trip, causing the death of his wife. He jumped to kïll him but he was caught and sentenced to death. Not wanting his son to see him, he screamed for Gales to run. He ran but was chased by the Lannister's. He ran for day and days until he reached winterfell and was caught there.

 As they were about to send him back to the south, anger sadness and fear hit him and he changed for the first time. The Starks couldn't believe their eyes and thought this sign as a blessing for their house by the gods (cause their animal is the wolf) and as a sign or prosperity. He grew up in the castle with the stark children, him being the oldest and at the age of 16, he decided to go live back in the wild. He promised to the stark family to always look on their kingdom and after them, protecting them from any danger and this, at the cost of his life. In return, they promised him shelter and food whenever he wanted. Since then, he is the protector of the kingdom surrounding and he lives in a cave, mainly in his animal form so that humans that are passing by leave him alone instead of attacking him if he was in his human form.

Quote : "Revenge is a fool's game I can't afford"

Theme song : "Take me to church" by Hozier