♕ A/N 06.17 ♕

In cinema, there's something called the Bechdel Test

In cinema, there's something called the Bechdel Test. It's whether or not, throughout the course of a film or TV show, the female characters have an ability to sit and talk about anything other than a guy---or the need to find one to make life complete. 

A staggering amount of films do not pass this test, but stories with strong female characters tend to. "Game Of Thrones" is certainly one of these, and is very much applauded for the portrayal of thoughtful, independent women. 

I've noticed lately a tendency to make every female character's journey about "I need a husband and a title". I wrote you guys some fairly three-dimensional character blurbs that allow you to RP so much deeper and weave a story about interesting people. Game Of Thrones isn't a medieval romance. It's great to have romance and marriage-matchmaking in a story, but this shouldn't be the sole focus of your beautiful, intelligent, complex female characters. 

Let's give them some life and some character development outside of this. What do they like and hate? What are their ambitions OTHER than those relating to marriage, having a family, or being admired? Let's talk about their hopes and dreams, their likes and dislikes, politics, scheming, plans for XYZ to happen. What else affects life in this universe besides coupling up? The plot of this thing has become a bunch of young people all too anxious to get married, or not. 

Please, no. There are 80 million "selection" RPs for that. Most don't make it past a few weeks. 

Let's tell a far more interesting story, or we're going to have to up the stakes a little to give the characters a few more concerns. ;) 

Hopefully once we get past the wedding,we'll let these characters grow and shine in other aspects. If you need some help with character development, please ask me! It's one of those things I'm kind of good at. <3

We still have a few important character roles open, and we encourage those of you with only character to think about adopting another, or those who haven't found much response for your character in the setting yet to adopt one that's in a different location and lives a different lifestyle. 

For those who haven't been active lately, now's a good time to bring your characters back. We have new characters, new players, and people who are asking for RP scenarios. :D

I look forward to seeing you guys challenge yourselves to stir up some inventive drama. I'm totally missing those Tyrells and their dramatic plotting. <3