♕ Severin Tyrell ♕

Role: The Tortured Philosopher

Name: Severin Alexander Tyrell

Nickname: Sev

Age: 27

Gender: Male

Appearance/Faceclaim: Henry Cavill, but with green eyes and a little more hair

Sexual Orientation: Yes. Sev will attend "Sexual Orientation". It sounds fun. 

Personality:
Severin is an introvert, one more comfortable around books than people. Books don't argue with him or make him feel self-conscious. Born into a difficult home life, Sev used his books and his imagination as a way to escape. He learned to become the opposite of what he saw around him. He is a dreamer, a romantic, and idealist. Sev despises politics and those who lie and sacrifice their authenticity to get ahead. He knows secrets that would give him power and advance his position in the world. He mostly does nothing but keep everyone's secrets and wouldn't think of taking advantage. Others see him as too passive and too submissive but he knows they are foolish to underestimate him. He comes off as a well-educated courtier who refuses to grow up.  At 27, he hasn't married or fathered children, at least not that he knows about. He is opposed to schemes that would force his cousin to marry and leave him Lord Of The Reach. 

Even though he is an introvert, in one on one conversation he is charming and flirtatious. His educated mannerisms and sarcastic wit get him both in and out of trouble. Sev tries hard to be an honorable man, the kind his father wasn't.  He unfortunately shares his father's love of booze and women. He's the kind who doesn't say he loves every woman who shares his bed. He actually believes it. Sev is extremely loyal to those he loves. In the end his conscience and his heart is his guide. He's burdened by demons and a sense of responsibility the world can't see. Meeting someone like himself---a person of quiet strength who is underestimated-- has made him reckless in his search for real happiness. He thinks it's worth it and can't acknowledge there is selfishness in his desire to live on his own terms.

Backstory: Severin was born the middle child of Alphonse and Eline Tyrell. He knew loss at an early age and cried at the funerals of two sisters before he turned 18. When he was 10, his mother's body was found on the rocks of a river she loved. It was an apparent suicide from jumping from the cliff above. His closest friend and confidante was always his cousin, Arianne, who he adored beyond words. Her strength and cheerful disposition helped him to survive his difficult upbringing.

His father was an alcoholic with a temper, one who berated his son for not being strong enough or manly enough. Sev's happiest moments were when his father made excuses to travel and escape his family. After the loss of Eline and his two daughters, Sev's father was never sober and never kind. Severin swore he would dedicate his life to being everything his father was not. He hates himself for being unable to live up to anyone's standards, even his own.

When his father died a few years later, Sev only had his cousin Arianne and his aunt and uncle to look after him. Among his family's possessions, Sev found his mother's diary and a series of letters that tell the scandalous truth about the Tyrell family legacy, one that touches half the noble families in Westeros. A resentment grew within him about the politics of noble life and falsehoods that destroyed his family. He drinks too much, charms his way into the beds of women he cannot possibly marry, thinks and broods, and takes solace in the books and ideas that give him hope for a better life. He was always a bit of a rebel with the soul of a poet, and he hasn't outgrown it. He will do anything for those he loves, and is willing to die for them, especially Arianne. What he won't do is compromise the way he lives for them and is blind to this fault.

Sev tries time and time again to be honest and happy and do the right thing. He's befuddled when the right thing is the complete wrong thing. His unique sense of morality doesn't serve those around him well all the time. He doesn't understand that his devotion to truth and honor in a world that functions under well-crafted lies can be dangerous. Sev has conviction that the world should be a better place than it is and truth, love, and honor have to win in the end. 

Strengths/Weaknesses: Covered this above. 

Theme Song: "Only The Good Die Young" by Billy Joel

Quote: "How we live is so different from how we ought to live that he who studies what ought be done, rather than what is done, will learn the way to his downfall rather than his preservation".--Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

"You see the world as it is and you see the world as it could be. What you don't see is what everybody else sees: the giant, gaping chasm in-between."-- House, M.D,