♕ Storyteller Instructions ♕

Hello to everyone! 

Hello to everyone! 

I hope everyone is having a good time mixing and mingling in Chapter One. It is meant to be a "getting to know you" chapter that encourages characters to have the opportunity to bump into one another. 

The Storytellers have noticed a lot of people are very tentative about approaching people or posting first. There are a lot of "open chain" posts, but you aren't just responding to each other's and making new friends. We're not sure if our cast is shy, too busy to see tags, or people struggle with how to open scenes. 

In order to provide some plot twists and also to keep everyone interacting, the Storytellers will contact some of you each week. You'll be provided with a detail or an instruction we'd like you to work on as your personal character challenge that week. Please do not tell anyone else your instructions and make it appear as natural as possible. 

Your instructions may be perfectly harmless, such as directing you to meet another character you might have no reason to approach or spying on a conversation. They could cause more trouble, such as asking you to flirt with someone you shouldn't, get drunk at a social occasion, or steal something of value. We will not ask you to do anything that may cause the death of your character or another's without significant conversation. 

Some of you are doing a great job creating drama, twisted backstories, and heightened emotions all on your own. If we see you have some good chains and story going without any help, you may not receive any instructions for a while. Just keep doing what you're doing! 

If you're struggling to find a reason to RP, reply to one of the "open chains" or "group chains". These are basically open invitations to play with anyone! There's no right or wrong way to do that, as long as it's in-character and not you, the author, asking if people want to play. Remember, if it's not presented to you in the RP, your character does not know the information (except for what's in your personal backstory or the story's scene setting.) . 

Chapter Two will bring the ceremony, an announcement, and the appearance of a disruptive character. Be prepared! ;) 

 Be prepared! ;)