♕ Alexei Velaryon ♕

Role: The Dornish Prince

Name: Alexei Velaryon

Nickname: Alex

Age: 21

Gender: Male

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Appearance/Faceclaim: Matt Barr, with light purple eyes

Personality: Like his siblings, Alexei has a cold and logical composure that borders on stoicism but hides a greater depth of emotion. Parted from a controlling family at an early age, his values and outlook on life are different from that of the other Velaryon siblings, but his fundamental personality isn't so far removed. Though charming when he wants to be, he can be brooding, introverted, controlling, and downright arrogant to those he deems unworthy of his time and attention. He is not a dreamer and not a romantic, instead preferring to take life at face value and accept things as they come. He is ambitious and opportunistic and will make the most of every chance that seems to fall in his lap. He's never had a loving relationship with anyone, and thinks those who focus their energy on the self-indulgent are fools. Alexei has little tolerance for those who believe they're somehow in control of their worlds or that others exist to serve them, knowing how everything in life is just a stroke of fortune.

Backstory: Unlike his older siblings, Alexei was exposed to a world of greater freedom and an education based on experience rather than what's in books. Despite their standing and appearance of being a thriving household, the Velaryons were deep in debt from grooming their first two children to be consorts to royalty. At the intercession of Queen Luciana, Alexei was sent to be raised alongside the Martell children, cousins to the Queen on the other side of her family tree. The Princess Of Dorne treated Alexei as one of her own, even though his pale skin and purple eyes did anything but blend in. He regards the Martells as brothers and sisters while his own family is strange and foreign to him. The death of his brother and elopement of his sister make him feel like he escaped a prison by being sent away. Prepared for a life of freedom, the sudden engagement to the Targaryen Princess is advantageous and limiting, and he feels unprepared for the burdens of married life. More Velaryon than he thinks, he puts on the proper face and keeps most of his feelings to himself.

Strengths: Intelligence, adaptability, ambition, a down-to-earth and realistic attitude.

Weaknesses: Judgement, arrogance, stubbornness, the idea that fate is pre-determined. 

Quote:  "Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together,but do so with all your heart"- --Marcus Aurelius

Note: This is the third person to play this character, after Laelon and Nikolai. Let's hope the third time is a charm.