|14|

Erica

"Hello" i answers "this is a collect call from-" i ended the call before it could even finish I knew exactly who this was. This was the 10th call this week, why he was calling? I don't know what for I don't want anything to do with him.

"Hello" i heard someone say from behind me, I turned around "hey how can I help you" I asked ready to take his order, he looked different I can definitely tell he wasn't from around here.

"Give me a cookie with an ice coffee" I nodded and began to get his stuff together. I ringed it up quickly "Erica right?" He asked me. I nodded "so you know a man named Dino" I shook my head no. "You sure you don't know a Dino" he asked one more time. I wonder what he wanted with my husband. I shook my head no once again.

"You don't have to lie I see him around this shop all the time, I don't like when people lie to me" I looked at his face and he had this evil smile on his face. I was scared but I wasn't going to show it.

"I told you I don't know a Dino maybe he do come around here sum times but I don't know him" that's when he pulled out his phone and showed a picture of me and him, Dino was kissing my cheek as he left my shop.

"Now do you know him" "what do you want" I asked with an attitude , he began to laugh "tell your man that if he don't give me my money Soon I'll be making a visit and y'all ain't going to like that" that's when he walked out of my shop.

Money? This had to be an old thing, cause Dino haven't been in any trouble well not that I know of. Dino was out and about today so I didn't want to call him and bring it up on the phone I wanted to talk to him face to face about this.

_____

Hours later

"Wassup baby" I heard Dino say as he walked in. "Where the kids" I asked "oh they went back to monae house, they'll be back tomorrow" he told me. I finished cleaning up. I guess he could tell something cause he had this worried look on his face.

"What's wrong with you" he asked "well a man came by looking for you today" "what man" I shrugged "I don't know some man, he said you owe him money and if he don't get it then he say he is coming back" he had this confused look on his face.

"Money? I don't owe nobody nothing and I don't know nobody from this motherfucka fr so how I owe someone money" I shrugged again not really saying much. That's when he got up going to my office I guess to check the cameras. I followed behind him, and watched it. "Man that's Chris" I heard him say "who is that" I asked "he use to be my business partna back then when I was dealing shit out, the nigga was my brotha, I guess he feeling some type of way because I shot his cousin and his cousin was the one trying to kill me so it was self defense but I still got booked for that shit" he said "so why he wants money"

"Probably when I left I didn't leave shit for him, business wasn't booming for him, I heard it all about him in jail, he was the one that testified against me about everything , that nigga didn't have the power I had in them streets" hearing all this was new to me. I didn't know it was like that. "So what we gonna do" I asked "we? Ain't no we , you chilling I can't have you hurt because of something I did" I shook my head no "the day we got together was the day I said I'll ride for you, I told you this bae, ain't no just you it's me and you now, I can't have you going back to jail or leaving me & the kids, whatever you do Im right behind you" he pulled me onto his lap and kissed me.

The way we looked at each other caused both of us to laugh. "I love you for real girl" "I love you more" pecking his lips one more time.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Chris ^