|17|

A month later

Dino ..

"You got it dino" the therapist said as he helped me stretch my bad leg out. The shit was hurting bad, I wanted to give up honestly but then my family would be on my mind then I just push myself to do betta.

"You came a long way dino, after all that happened" in the beginning I did give up but I've made it. I was still in a wheelchair for now. I hated it but I had to do what I had to do.

"Oh hello mrs.erica" I heard him say. I looked up at the door seeing my wife standing there looking at me with a smile on her face and that made my day brighter. "Hey jay how was he today" she asked him, "everything was fine, he still had pain but it was all good" he told her.

Oh yeah we were still staying in a hotel, the kids go back and forth to monae or her grandmother house, they understand our situation so of course they help and I appreciate them for everything. They didn't judge me because of my past. Everyone ain't perfect and I was the prime example of it. But they saw something different in me.

Honestly it was just my past came back to haunt me . "You ready to go" she asked and I nodded. She helped me get up and walk over to my chair then she rolled me out. Erica had this glow about her, I didn't know how or what for but she glowing. Her brown skin was so clean and smoothed, her smile was bright and her hair was so silky.

I guess she noticed me looking cause she started to chuckle "boy what" she smiled "oh o- nothing babe it just yo- your looking beautiful today, well that's everyday but still you got this glow" she helped me in the car, then she got in and drove off.

"I don't know, monae said the same thing when I went to drop the kids off, but I really don't know why thoe, I guess because everything been going good lately" she shrugged. Yeah everything been going good lately, her business been booming lately. The kids been doing great in school, my baby girl getting bigger so it makes me happy to see them happy and doing well.

"Yeah hopefully it will stay like that" I told her. Her phone began to ring loudly threw out the car, "could you get that" she said, I grabbed it out of the cup holder, not really looking at the number "hello" I answered "this is a collect call from -" I looked at the phone confused, then put my ear back to the phone "do you except these charges" "yeah" I was pissed, why was someone calling her from jail "Erica" i heard a male voice that sounded like her baby father "aye playa don't call this phone no more" I ended the call just like that I didn't have time to go back and forth with that nigga.

"Who was it" she asked "yo baby daddy" I said. I looked at her and saw a frown on her face.

"Before you say anything no I haven't been talking to him, he has been calling my phone since last month, I told him to stop but he still did it and I didn't tell you cause I didn't want you to get all worked up about that cause it's nothing" she said "well you should of still told me erica, you know I would have told you some stuff quick" as long as she wasn't talking to him then we good but she will be getting her number changed.

"I know and that's my fault" I didn't even reply, I guess she could tell I was feeling some type of way cause when we stopped at the red light, she kissed me "I'm sorry baby" she said with a pout on her face. "When we get to the room, how about I cook your favorite and after your full I'll give you a massage" as bad I was trying to keep a straight face I couldn't for long "a massage where" I asked her "what you mean where? Nigga on your back" "oh thought I was getting lucky" she laughed "boy when ever you get your body back right then we can ... maybe"

I knew she was going to say that "but it's only my leg man" "I don't care you can't stand on it and I can't sit on it" I smacked my lips, Erica wasn't even heavy.

"Your not even heavy" "so I don't care, I said what I said" she snapped, I just shook my head and laughed "well suck it then" she was about to say something but her phone started to ring. I was glad cause I didn't want her to get to start talking crazy shit. I was just fucking around honestly to get on her nerves but if she change her mind on that offer then I'm taking it

 I was just fucking around honestly to get on her nerves but if she change her mind on that offer then I'm taking it