|16|

Hours later

Feeling a tap on her shoulder she was woken up by a doctor "are you family of Dino" he asked. She nodded sitting up, she really hoped it was all a dream but it wasn't. "Well good news he is okay, in a lot of pain but he just woke up, he will be in the hospital for some days but once he is out he is going to need 24 hour assistance, he will do Therapy to get his leg back right but he is doing fine, he was shot 2 times in his leg and one times in the chest, if you didn't get there fast enough he probably wouldn't have made it" she was happy she did get there but was also hurt. He told her the room, she flew to his room ready to see him.

Once she did get to his room, she saw it was a doctor in there doing something so she waited to the doctor left the room, she could hear him from outside that he was cussing and being all mean to the doctor. "I don't give a fuck where is my wife" she heard her say. "Sir we don't know right now but let me d-" he cut the doctor off "call my wife now" he said in a deep voice. That's when Erica finally decided to walk in so he could chill out.

"I'm sorry no visitation" the doctor said "I'm Erica his wife so you can go now" the doctor did as told leaving them alone. They sat in silence for a second untill Erica finally started to talk. "What happened" she asked.

He sighed then explained everything to her. "I've been staying in the car cause I didn't want nobody to run up on me while I was home but I slipped up anyways when I went in the house to get somethings for you and the kids, someone was following behind me cause I could hear the door and shit open that's when he popped up, we had got to fighting then we pulled out our guns had a shoot out" he stopped talking and took a deep breath before speaking again

"he shot me and I shot him but I had got him in the neck, I knew I did cause he was holding it and could barely breath but he rushed out once I was on the ground after that I don't know what happened" he said it all like he was out of breath, she sighed. She was happy that he was up and alert, but still hurt to see him like this.

"Whatever happens I just hope he doesn't come back, we won't be staying in that house" he had an confused look on his face "why not" "because the fucking place is trashed and I can't bring my kids back to that shit so we will be staying in a hotel till we find something else" he didn't respond he just nodded. "I'm going to sleep" He watched as she turned her back on him facing the other way from him so he wouldn't see her face. He knew she was crying because she always turned her back when she do.

"I'm sorry" he said hoping she heard him. "Like for real Erica" as much pain he was in he was able to sit up off the bed, he hop up jumping to the couch where Erica laid. He wasn't able to sit down fully but he sat on the edge "Erica please" he said grabbing her arm, turning her around to face him. "Go lay down Dino before they come wondering what's going on" he shook his head. "No not untill you talk to me" Dino was hard headed so she knew she had to talk.

"I'm sorry, do you forgive me , your not going to leave me or nun right cau-" he said quickly. "Dino if you don't get your ass in that bed" she snapped

"Just tell me Erica" "Dino I'm not mad okay, I'm just hurt that this happened to you, I could have lost you tonight if I would never came to that house" she cried "you could have been gone dino & if that would had happened then I don't know what I would have did" he sat on the bed, grabbing her arm pulling her to him. He wiped her tears "well I'm here baby and I'm not going no where so chill .. okay?" She nodded.

He kissed her "I love you" she smiled weakly "I love you to" for the rest of the night Erica laid in bed with Dino on his good side of his body, cuddled up to him. He didn't go to sleep, he was up in a daze thinking about what would of happened if things went differently. He hated to think differently but he was scared, he might didn't show it to Erica but he was. In that room he felt his life slipping away slowly he didn't even know Erica was the one that came and looked for him.

If it wasn't for her, he probably wouldn't have been here right now. "I love you" he said as he kissed her head. No response just her snores that filled up the room. This was going to be a long road to recovery but with Erica he knew he could do it, he had a purpose now so he had no choice but to work hard and get better so he could get back to being the man for his family.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Well Dino is alive 😩 after all that he survived.

New chapter coming soon I'm going to try and be fast with it