|22|

Weeks later

Hearing a small on the door she got up going to get it, she looked threw her peek hole before opening the door. "Dino" she whispered. What was he here for she thought.

She slowly opened her door to seeing dino stand there with flowers in his hands and a card. "Wassup" she said stood there looking at him. "Oh I was wondering if we could talk" he said. She then moved to the side allowing him to walk in. He followed her to the kitchen "where do you want this" he asked, she pointed to her kitchen table, once he put that down, he looked at Erica "so what is it that you got to say" she asked

"Well I just wanted to apologize about how I did you, I know I was wrong and shouldn't have did that. I know apologizing won't help but I just hope that you can forgive me cause I miss you and the kids like crazy babygirl" he said with a sad face.

"I've been forgave you dino" she told him "well it don't feel like cause every time I try to say sorry or do something like say your beautiful, you don't look happy, sometimes I feel like you hate a nigga" Erica felt like she wasn't ready for it yet, no matter how much she love dino, it wasn't going to be easy.

"I don't hate you, you just gotta ... I don't know ... I'm just not ready" he walked over towards me, he sat at the end of the table. "Not ready for what, baby it just was one mistake" he told her. He was right, it was just one mistake but it surely did make her see things differently, after all the things that happened to her in the past, it made her see things differently with Dino. She was scared "I'm scared dino" he sighed "scared for what baby, I promise it was just one mistake, we can take it slow untill you feel like we good but you know I can't just let you leave me like that, I'll do anything" he said as he grabbed her hands.

She was so overwhelmed, so much emotions. " I don't know, I'll think about it and I'll let you know" he nodded "I'll call you soon" she told him. He kissed her cheek and then left her apartment.

So much ran threw her head, she was trying to know if she should or not. Picking up her phone she called monae.

"Hello" monae answered "can you come threw" "yeah actually I'm in your hood now come open the door" Erica walked out of the kitchen going to open the door for monae.

"Hey girl wassup" they hugged each other and then walked into the living room. "Well dino came by" monae got comfortable in her seat, ready for all the tea. "And what he say" "well he was like he miss us being home and that he wants me back, he even said if I wanted to take it slow then he fine with that but he can't just let me leave" Erica told monae. "Do you miss him" monae asked and Erica nodded "okay then what the problem "

"Monae stuff like this takes time, don't get me wrong I love him and want him back but I'm scared, and I know I can't let my pass come in between that but it's hard, I don't want to be treat how my ex did me, I thought this shit would have been different" monae got up coming closer to Erica hugging her as she expressed how she felt.

"I know sis but you just need to follow your heart, just like you said it takes time, so y'all need to move slowly and do what y'all need to do for y'all kids" Erica nodded "yeah your right, maybe we can do that and take it slow" Erica said. For the rest of the night, they talked and then monae decided to leave.

The kids were still sleep so it was only her up and a bottle of wine. She sat there on the couch, looking at a old picture of her and dino, trynna figure out if she wanna text him or not.

Picking up her phone, she went to her messages then stroll down to their messages.

"I'll give you another chance, but we take it slow"
Sent at 11:25pm

She looked at the message one more time then powered off her phone,waiting for a response.

"As long as I still get to be with you, I'm fine with everything"
Received 11:28pm