[7] Lunch

I wake in Jex's bed, once again, this morning. Last night I chose to take him up on his offer and stay the night.

Whilst we didn't have sex last night, we did sit up most of the night talking and shared a few kisses, which really was almost better than our sex. It feels so nice to be able to talk with someone who isn't family, and it sure feels nice meeting someone new and getting to know all about them, in a short period of time. I can no longer deny that I have some type of feelings for Jex; I'm not saying I love him (that would be far too soon), but I do feel something and I have a feeling he feels it too.

Last night he opened up to me, sharing what seemed to be his life story. He told me about his mother and father, who are both no longer here. He told me about the house he lives in and how it was his family home. He even told me how he preferred his mother over his father, as his father could often be a little pushy and made him do things he didn't want to do; whilst his mother was far softer, and allowed him to grow as a person. He talked to me about V, the nightclub he owns, how it's really the only good thing going for him at the moment, and how his father had left him in a little bit of mess after his passing, but didn't further elaborate on that.

I of all people know what it's like to have secrets, so I didn't press on. As for me, I spoke to him about my huge family and how we're all very close. I told him I'm still living at home for now, but would really like to start looking into moving out, and mentioned that I work for my Papa doing admin work. Which isn't a lie; I do work for my Papa doing admin work, I just conveniently left out the part where I told him what my Papa does for work. We all have our secrets.

"Morning beautiful," Jex wraps his arm around my torso and pulls me closer to him.

I place my hand on his cheek and pull his face closer to mine, kissing him sweetly. "Good morning."

"What was that for?" He grins.

"Just felt like it," I shrug my shoulders with a cheeky grin. "Argh, I need to get up or I'm going to be late " I groan and roll onto my back once more staring up at the ceiling.

"Didn't we go over this last night? It won't be as bad as you believe it may be and if it is, all you have to do is leave," he reminds.

"I know," I turn my head, looking at him once more and give him a small smile.

He moves in closer and presses a kiss to my lips. "Do we at least have time for a shower?"

"Mmm, I think I could manage that," I giggle against his lips.

...

After my shower with Jex I slipped on the same outfit as yesterday and made my way home, where I changed into something a little nicer for lunch and swapped out my flats for some heels.

Now dressed in some tight jeans, an off the shoulder top, heels and my Gucci belt, I enter the five-star restaurant and head for the table by the window overlooking the water, our usual spot.

I look around the table to find everyone is already here. Amelia, Marni, Aria (who is Amelia and Marni's little sister), Sophia and Zarah (who are cousins and also my second cousins) and Ruby.

"Hey, what took you so long?" Sophia jumps up and gives me a warm hug.

"Sorry, I had drive back home; I uh, forgot something," I lie.

I make my way around the table saying hello to everyone, giving them all a hug. I stop when I get to Ruby. "Hey," I give her a soft smile.

"Hi," she says back softly and moves her bag from the seat. "You can sit next to me if you like."

"Thanks," I take the seat beside her.

We order some lunch and drinks, then swiftly turn our attention to Amelia and Marni, who are the reason we're having this lunch in the first place.