[55] Harry

Bella's POV:

"Sweetheart, wake up," I hear a soft voice from above me.

I open my eyes and back away in a timid fashion. Looking up at the young male, who must be Harry. He has big blue eyes and blonde scruffy hair, as well as some stubble on his cheeks and chin. He looks around my age, maybe Jex's age, a year or two older than me.

"I have some food and water for you," he sits a tray down in front of me, before backing away and sitting in the other corner of the room.

"I'm not hungry," I push the tray away.

"It doesn't have anything in it, I made it myself."

"And why should I trust you? I don't even know you."

"Because I don't know you either and I have no intention to hurt you. You've done nothing to me," he shrugs his shoulders.

"D-Do you know why I'm here? Other than they want to kill me, of course."

"It's a long story," he says, as he texts away on his phone.

"I think I might have time," I tug on the chains, as if to tell him I can't go anywhere in a hurry.

"You know I'm really not meant to talk. In fact, I'm meant to call Tahlia and King the second you wake up."

"So why haven't you?"

"Because Tahlia does my head in, and being stuck down here with you means I get the hell away from her. So why don't you just close your eyes and go to sleep or something."

"Go to sleep?" I shout. "Go to sleep? Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Hey shhhh," he hushes me. "Keep your voice down, unless you want them to come back in here."

"And what else could they do to me? Other than kill me huh? They've already burnt me, left bruises and cuts all over my body. I'm covered in blood and I'm pretty sure one of my ribs is broken, from the stomping I took from King."

He looks over at me, for a moment he takes me in and he lets out a deep breath. "Are you in pain?"

"Of course I'm in pain you fucking idiot," I say softly, a tear sliding down my cheek.

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small, orange container of pills. "Here. Take one of these, it'll help you with the pain," he opens the lid and hands me a pill.

"How do I know this isn't going to put me to sleep or something?"

He takes a pill and pops it into his own mouth. Then picks up my water and drinks it, before sitting the water back down in front of me. "They're my personal pills. I got shot a couple of weeks ago."

I look down at the pill in my hand and the water, he took a pill. He drank the water, maybe he's telling the truth, maybe there is nothing in it. I pop the pill in my mouth and pick up the water, drinking it, the chain allowing me to do so. I then close my eyes, my head resting against the wall.

"Why'd you do that?" I ask softly.

"You know you ask a lot of questions," Harry chuckles softly.

"So talk to me, why am I here? They're going to kill me anyway, so let's talk."

...

Jex's POV:

"Do you think we're following the right lead?" I question Abel, as we reach East Cliff.

"It's all we have to go on man, we have to follow it."

"I just feel like if it was the Kings man they would have called to gloat by now. Or they would've sent some kind of message."