[17] Over

Jex's POV:

Entering the private gym, I pull my shirt over my head, removing it completely, and toss it to the floor. I stalk toward the boxing ring. As usual, Malcolm is standing in the middle of the ring, his gloves on, and the large bag in the middle, which he is hitting hard with left and right hooks.

"Here again dude," he comments, as he looks up.

"It helps me think," I say, not looking at him, as I pull my gloves on and step into the ring. I push the bag out of the way, then shape up to Malcolm, so he knows I'm ready to go.

"If you ask me, it seems like you're here every afternoon to forget," he comments, as we begin to box.

"Forget what exactly?"

"Come on mate, it's been a week since you and Bella broke up. A whole week since the club was set on fire, and since you found out you were sleeping with a Cobra. And every day since then you're either at work or here, it's like you don't want to be alone with your own thoughts."

"So maybe I don't," I continue to box, hitting him in the side. "And I don't want to talk about it, so can we just box," I huff.

"All I'm saying is you've been moping around for a week. You must have really had feelings for her, Cobra or not," he presses on, only causing me to become angrier and start swinging harder.

"Obviously I had feelings for her, or I wouldn't be so fucking angry would I?" I swing a few more punches before stopping, stepping back and take a deep breath, as I shake my head. "For a moment I think, maybe it doesn't matter that she's a Cobra, she can't help the family she was born into, just like I can't help the family I was born into. But then I think of the constant war and battle between my father and hers. There's just no way that she didn't know who I was, she was only using me for information."

"And you know that how?"

"Because, why else would she be interested in me in the first place? She was too good for me from the beginning, and I should've seen it coming."

"Oh please, you're going to play the poor me card, the I'm not good enough card," he rolls his eyes. "Dude, I saw the two of you together. I was on your date night remember? I saw the way she looked at you, it wasn't fake."

"What the fuck are you saying right now?"

"I'm saying that I'm sorry she's a Cobra and I'm sorry that the two of you can't be together because of it. But I don't believe she had a clue about who you were. I don't think she was using you, I'm almost one hundred percent sure she was genuine."

"Is that meant to make me feel better or worse?"

"I honestly don't know," he shakes his head. "But uh, don't they say the best way to get over someone, is to get under someone else?" He smirks looking toward the door.

I turn my attention to the door and see Tahlia and Jaylissa walking into the gym, both in mini shorts and crop tops; Tahlia with her long blonde hair out and curled, just how Bella always wore hers.

"Hey Jex," she waves with a giggle, as she flicks her blonde hair over her shoulder.

"Hey," I grin back and watch as the girls head for the door towards the regular gym equipment.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Tahlia will be up for it, she's had a thing for you since; well, forever," Malcolm smirks.

...

Bella's POV:

"Damn if I had known you'd been moping around the house for a week, I would've let you and Cody hook up," Abel stirs, as he makes his way into the kitchen.