[60] New Beginnings [Epilogue]

Five years later:

Jex's POV:

"Daddy," Jordan, my daughter yells in a rushed tone, as she comes running into my home office. "Acey pushed Killy and he's bweeding," she struggles out, breathing heavily from her run.

I stand up quickly and make my way over to her, picking her up. "Did you tell Mommy?"

"Yep, but she's with bubba," she nods her head. Referring to our daughter Willow, who is two months old.

I make my way down the hall quickly and place Jordan down on her feet, as I reach Killen's room. "Go and play in your room," I kiss her cheek and watch as she runs into her room. I push Killen's bedroom door open and find him sitting on the ground with a bleeding knee, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"You alright buddy?" I ask, as I kneel down beside him.

He looks up at me and nods his head, tears still rolling down his cheeks.

"Come on mate, let's get you into the bathroom and cleaned up," I pick him up from the floor and carry him into the bathroom, sitting him down on the large vanity and grab the first aid kit. "Ace!" I call loudly.

A moment later a very guilty looking, five year old Ace makes his way into the bathroom and looks up at me, not saying a single word.

"Did you push your brother?" I question.

He nods his head and looks down at the ground.

"Why did you push him? He's littler then you, you need to look after him."

"Because he took my toy that I was playing with," he mumbles softly, avoiding my gaze.

"Did you Killen?" I question looking back at him, as I wipe the blood from his knee.

"Yes Daddy," he nods.

"Okay," I sigh. "Just because Killen took your toy doesn't give you the right to push him over Ace," I tell Ace and then look back at Killen. "Now Killen, you know better than to take your brother's things. You have lots of toys of your own to play with."

"Sorry Daddy," Killen says sadly.

"Sorry Daddy," Ace says at the same time.

I put a band-aid over Killen's cut leg and pick him up, placing him back down on the ground. "Its not me that you need to say sorry to. It's each other," I remind them.

"Sorry for pushing you Killen, Ace says.

"Sorry I took your toy," Killen replies.

"Now what?" I ask them, knowing they already know what comes next.

Both of them then open their arms and give each other a hug.

"Thank you for saying sorry to each other," I pull them both in for a hug. "I love you both very much," I kiss them each on the head.

"I love you Daddy," they say in unison.

"Alright, now go and play it's almost dinner time. Then it'll be baths and bed.

"Come on Killy," Ace takes his brother's hand and they run down the hallway together.

Sighing I stand up and shake my head. The politics of children, it's going to be the death of me, I'm sure of it.

"What was all that about? Sorry I was putting Willow to sleep," Bella questions, as she makes her way out of Willow's room, closing the door softly not to wake her.