[14] Fire

Amelia's POV:

Tonight is the night, we're fighting fire with actual fire. So far everything is going to plan. Bella, Ruby, and Sophia, as well as Marni of course (although the girls don't know that), have all arrived at the club and are having a few drinks. Zarah and Aria weren't able to make it, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, as it's two less people to look out for. As horrible as I feel for lying to girls about the real reason we're at the club, Abel is right, it's best that they don't know what's about to go down.

I know some would think its not in good taste for the boys to send us on this little mission. I mean, shouldn't they be the ones doing it? Probably. But much like Jex's father did for him, all of us girls have had our names and faces kept well away from anything to do with the Cobras. That's why it's best for us to do it.

Our being here tonight won't cause any panic nor will it alert the Vipers and we'll be in the best position to make our plan work. If we sent the boys it would be a different story. Their faces are known, they're all linked to the Cobras; not to mention they'd find themselves kicked out of here quicker then they'd enter the building.

"Not much longer and we'll be hanging out at your club," Sophia smiles.

"I know, I can't wait," I smile back as I sip on my drink quickly, then turn my attention back to the busy dance floor, as I keep a lookout for my twin sister Marni.

"I'm kind of sad that this will be our last night at V though," Bella comments. "I've always liked it here, we've had some of the best times here."

Turning my attention back to the girls, I shrug my shoulders. "We'll make memories at the new club. V is cool and all, but our place will be so much cooler."

"I guess she has a point," Ruby giggles as she sips on her drink, a little tipsy already.

My eyes move across to Bella who is busily typing away on her phone, a smile on her face and she lets out a little giggle every now and then. "I'm going to assume that you're smiling at your phone over your mystery man?"

She places her phone back down on the table and bites on her bottom lip. "It is actually."

"When are you going to let us meet him?" Sofia whines.

"Yeah Bella, what's the big secret?" Ruby teases.

"Well, actually, I was thinking maybe you'd like to meet him at the grand opening of Inferno tomorrow night? I was hoping to bring him?"

"Of course you can bring him," I assure her cheerfully.

"Promise me you won't give him a hard time?" She asks looking at all of us.

"Pinky," I tell her, as I told my finger out to her.

She links fingers with me before pulling back. "If you don't mind I'm actually going to head off, my mystery man, as you like to call him, is waiting for me out the front."

Phew, one less person to worry about removing from the club safely.

"Okay party pooper, have fun with your lover," I tease, as Bella stands and makes her way out of the club, leaving us behind.

"I can't believe she ditched us," Ruby pouts.

"Oh well, at least we get to meet her boyfriend tomorrow," Sophia grins.

I turn my attention back to the dance floor, in search of my sister Marni once more. This time I see her and she gives me the look. My smile drops, as my heart begins to race and I turn back to the girls sitting at the table with me. It's my job to keep them safe.