[53] Four months

Bella's POV:

It's been four months since Ace came into the world and whilst things have been trying, it's been the best four months of my life.

Jex is an amazing father, as I knew he would be. He assists with nappy changes, feeding, getting up in the middle of night, cleaning; anything I need help with he's there, which I am so thankful for.

For the first month Jex worked from home, so that he could be close to Ace and I if we needed him, which I also appreciated more then he'll ever know.

While Ace is still so small I'm doing all of the paperwork for the Vipers at home. I'm spending as much time with my little man as I can, before I blink and he's all grown up before my very eyes.

While most of the family have been involved in Ace's life, Dad has chosen not to meet his only grandson. Whilst it hurts me, I have to respect his wishes. I'm just glad that Jex is such an amazing father, he'll be able to look up to him.

Two months ago Marni welcomed her and Ace's baby girl Mila into the world. It was the name that Ace had chosen for her. Even though he wasn't here to sign the birth certificate, Mila has his last name. That was very important to Marni, which I understand.

Sitting on the lounge room floor, while Ace lays on his play mat, I place my hands over my eyes and remove them quickly, "peek-a-boo." I say with a smile and he giggles loudly.

I continue this a few times, his giggles getting louder and louder, filling the house.

"Oh my little man you're so cute," I tickle his belly and he continues to giggle.

"He takes after his father, clearly," Jex grins, as he makes his way into the room and sits down next to me.

"Mmm, even though I know you're being cocky, I have to agree with you on that. He looks so much like you."

"Mmm but with your personality, thank goddess for that," Jex grins, as he picks Ace up and stands him on his feet, whilst supporting all of his weight. "Hey buddy," he smiles and tickles his belly.

Ace giggles up at him, as he holds onto his fingers for support. Jex picks him up once more, in the air and kisses all over his face, before snuggling him.

I love watching the loving interactions Jex shares with Ace, I hope they continue this as he grows up.

"Are you going into the office today?"

"Yeah I have a few things to do," he says, as he sits Ace down on his butt and he begins playing with his toys. "Why?"

"Well, I was kind of hoping you'd work from home today."

"Is this about the alarms last night?"

I nod. "I just have a really uneasy feeling Jex. I know it sounds silly."

"Hey," he takes my face in his hands. "It was just the wind, I checked all of the cameras and there was nothing. You're safe, Ace is safe."

"Okay," I say softly, as I look down.

"Baby if you're that worried about it, I'll stay home," he raises my chin once more.

"No, it's okay. I'm just being silly," I shake my head. "Go to work. The sooner you leave, the sooner you'll be home," I give him my best fake smile.

"I'll be gone a couple of hours maximum," he leans in and presses a kiss to my lips. "I love you and if anything happens, you call me."

"I will. But we'll be fine like you said," I lean in and press a kiss to his lips once more. "I love you."