[8] Six

I arrive at Jex's place at 6 PM on the dot and park my car in the driveway. I step out and make my way up the stairs, quickly ringing the doorbell once I reach the door.

Tonight I'm dressed in black skinny jeans and a simple strappy top, in light pink. On my feet are my Gucci sneakers, and tonight I decided to tie my hair back in a messy bun.

The front door opens, revealing Jex who is wearing a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up, his usual black ripped jeans and sneakers.

"Am I under dressed?" I question, looking down at my outfit.

"Not at all, you look beautiful," he smiles, as he holds the door open for me.

"Are you sure?" I ask, as I enter the house. "I can go home and change?"

"Honestly Bella you're dressed perfectly for where we're headed, I'm over dressed, but I wanted to look worthy of having you on my arm," he shrugs.

"Oh my god you're so cute," I giggle softly.

"Awww thanks," he says, acting all shy before grinning down at me. "So, you ready to go or what?"

"Yeah of course, where are we going?"

"You don't do well with surprises do you?"

"I like to know what's coming next; so no," I shrug with a smile.

"You'll have to wait and see when we get there," he makes his way into the kitchen and grabs his phone, wallet and keys, then makes his way back over. "Lets go."

...

"You're really not going to tell me where we're going?" I whine from passenger's side.

"Bella, it's been five minutes, give it a second and we'll be there," he chuckles softly, keeping his eyes on the road.

I stare out the window, looking around and taking in everything I see, trying to work out where we may be going.

I then spot a large Ferris wheel out in the distance ahead, it's all lit up high in the night sky, and it's spinning slowly.

"Is that where we're headed?" I ask with a huge smile.

Jex looks over at me, as we come to a stop at the red light and shakes his head with a grin. "You're killing me here."

The light goes green and Jex continues driving. We get closer and closer to the large Ferris wheel, until we reach the large fair ground and I smile over at him. "We're really going to the fair?" I ask in an excited tone.

"Of course we are," he nods and parks the car.

"I can't remember the last time I came to the fair," I tell him truthfully. "I'm so excited right now."

Jex steps out of the car as do I, we both close the doors and he locks the car, then makes his way over and wraps his arm around me. "Let's go then."

We reach the gate and stand in the long, but fast moving, line of people. As we stand waiting I look around at all of the rides and stalls inside. I feel myself turning into a child again, I'm so excited to be here.

"Two tickets please and a book a ride tokens," Jex tells the lady behind the makeshift counter, as we reach the front of the line.

"Fifty dollars please," she smiles.

Jex hands her the money, in return she hands us our wrist bands and book of ride tickets.

We then make our way inside, not wanting to hold up the line. I get my wallet out and pull a fifty dollar note out and hold it out to Jex.