[31] Pregnant

Sitting side by side on the couch, I look up at Jex and take a deep breath.

"Bella?" He questions, as he takes my hand. "What is it that you needed to talk to me about? What happened?"

"I returned home from work after the foiled attack on you guys. Dad, Abel and a few of the others were having a meeting at home. I asked them how their night was, acting dumb. Abel started talking about how they have a rat and someone must have given the information to the Vipers. I told him not to think crazy things, worried he was going to go after some of the new Cobra recruits, as he does when he loses his temper sometimes." I take a shaky breath. "Anyway, Abel accused me of sticking up for the Vipers every time I hear them spoken about. Which I of course denied, but he kept pressuring me and asked why I seem so nervous. It was then that my heart racing turned into a full-blown panic attack. Before I knew it I was on the floor and when I woke up again I was in the hospital."

"Oh baby," he sighs and pulls me closer to him. "So you think they know about us?"

"No, because this morning Abel came to see me again. He said he was sorry and was going to say that he knows I'm not a rat. But I ended up cutting him off, I just couldn't hear it, when I am the rat."

"So what now?" He lets out another deep breath. "What do you want to do?"

"When I was at the hospital they ran tests on me, bloods and observations, all the usual things. When I woke up the Doctor came in and gave me some results."

"Oh? Like w-what kind of results? Are you okay?" He asks slightly panicked.

"I'm pregnant Jex, five weeks pregnant."

"P-Pregnant? But how is that possible? I always use protection and you're on the pill."

"I worked it out in my head and then on a calendar. Five weeks ago was the night you stopped for me on the side of the road."

"The night we had sex in the back of the car with no protection," he nods, it all coming back to him.

"I hadn't taken the pill for a week or more prior to us having sex that night, because we'd broken up and I wasn't having sex with anyone, so I just kind of became complacent and would skip it. I didn't think it was going to matter."

"Fuck," he breaths out. "So one night of unprotected sex and you're pregnant."

"That's all it takes Jex, one time of unprotected sex and you can get pregnant," I stop and think for a moment. "Wait, Jex. It is your baby if that's what you're questioning?"

"What? No, I didn't mean it to come out that way, of course it's my baby Bella. I just meant, I honestly didn't think we'd find ourselves in this position. I thought we were so careful, we slip up once and now."

"We're having a baby," I finish his sentence.

"Well, this changes everything doesn't it."

"Now you know why I needed to talk to you so badly."

"So what now?"

"I want to keep the baby and that's about as much I know."

"We're on the same page in regards to keeping it then. So that's a good start," he breathes out once more.

"It's a lot to take in isn't it?"

"I just don't even know what to say. I think I'm still in shock," he admits.

"I know the feeling," I nod, also at a loss for words.

A moment of silence passes between us, both of us clearly lost in our own thoughts. This is however, quickly interrupted by Jex as he draws a sudden intake of breath and then turns to face me, looking me directly in the eye.