[6] Comfortable

Dressed in a simple white summer dress and some strappy sandals, I step out of my parked car. I make my way up the front steps of Jex's home. Tonight I decided to leave my hair down in messy curls and my make-up minimal, as I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard. 

Once I reach the door I raise my hand and press the doorbell with my pointer finger. I then take a step back and fluff my hair a little.

A moment later the front door opens, revealing a hot as hell Jex. He's dressed in black, ripped, skinny jeans and a singlet top, his full sleeves of tattoos on full display, as well as the tattoos on his chest and neck. His hair is slicked back in its own messy way, he's perfect without even trying.

"You're right on time, I just pulled dinner out of the oven," he holds the door open for me.

"The oven?" I question, as I make my way into the house. "You cooked?"

"Of course I cooked," he closes the door behind us and makes his way back into the kitchen, me following close behind. "I told you I was having you over for dinner, that doesn't mean take out."

"Well, I'm very impressed; a man who's good looking and knows how to cook," I smile as I lean against the bench. "What are we having?"

"Nothing overly exciting, just some roast meat and baked vegetables," he says, as he pulls it from the oven, the room filling with an amazing aroma.

"Wow, are you sure it's not that exciting? Because that smells amazing."

"It's an old family recipe, my mother used to make it all the time," he says, as he sits the tray down upon a heatproof tray sitting on the bench.

"Do you need me to do anything?"

"Nope, just sit at the table, I'll cut the meat and serve it."

"Okay," I nod, making my way over to the table and sit down.

I sit watching Jex in awe; and no, not just because he's the last man I thought would ever be in the kitchen, but because he's so much to take in. He's so rough looking, yet so gentle at the same time; he's so careful with each movement he makes while plating the dinner, as if he thinks about every single detail, it's the cutest thing to watch.

He makes his way over and places my plate down in front of me. "There you go beautiful."

"Why thank-you Jexy, who's too sexy," I giggle softly.

He chuckles, as he sits across from me. "I thought you'd like that."

"Very creative, I wish I came up with something that catchy for my own name."

"Oh I already changed it to Bella, who is hella fine," he winks.

I giggle softly and shake my head, picking up my knife and fork. "You're too much, you know that."

...

Dinner was amazing, and if there's one thing I have learned tonight, it's that Jex's mother must have been an amazing cook, because those roast vegetables and the meat were the best thing I've eaten in a long time; no offense to my mother's cooking, because she's pretty damn good, but this was amazing.

After dinner, I helped Jex with the dishes. I wanted to do them on my own, as he cooked, but he wouldn't allow me, he kept reminding me I'm his guest.

With the dishes done we made our way over to the couch and sat down, Jex turning the TV onto Netflix and handing me the remote.

"Choose whatever you like, I'll be right back," he stands up and makes his way up the hallway.