Chapter 2

Chan plopped down on the floor with a huff. He had finished unpacking and now his new room looked like a mess.

   He sighed loudly. Chan had moved to Kyoto, Japan, because his grandmother couldn't take care of the house and her small store. So, as a result, Chan's parents decided it would be best to send him with her. Chan loved his grandma, but he was saddened by the fact that he had to leave the beloved city of Seoul and all of his friends in there. However, he was determined to start a new life and make some new friends.

   With that mind set, Chan started to organize as much as he could and then take a trip to the nearby library. You see, Chan loves to read. He likes to learn about new things and what not. Therefore, as soon as he found out there was a library close by he instantly loved the place. Now, he tried to finish organizing and then head to the beloved place.

   It was now noon and Chan had just finished placing all of his things in places he would at least remember. After that, he kissed his grandma's cheek and hurried out of the house. Once he got to the library, he breathed in and stepped inside. He was mesmerized. The place had a traditional feeling to it, and the stands were filled with books of all kinds. Chan instantly started to look for books about mythology but got lost in the process.

   "Are you looking for something?"

   Chan looked to the side. The librarian had black hair and was dressed in very fashionable clothes. Although, he had to admit, it fit with the astethic of a library.

   "I'm looking for some mythology related books. Most specifically Japanese mythology"

   "Ah I see, come this way"

   The boy led Chan to the other side of the library. He continued to crouch down and give Chan a few books related to the subject he was looking for.

   "Thanks! By the way I'm Chan, nice to meet you!" He smiled politely.

   "I'm Minghao. If you need anything just let me know"

   "Ok!"

   Chan sat a table by the middle of the library and read until he lost the track of time.

   "The library will close in a few minutes"

   Chan grabbed some of the books he couldn't finish reading and made his way to the counter. After buying a library card, he checked out the books and got out of the library.

   Chan headed home in a calm yet rushed manner. He was incredibly relaxed by the scenery of the moonlight lighting the sky. Chan felt happy.

   Out of the blue, however, he heard loud ringing on his ear and froze. While reading a book he found a creature that caught his attention. A Gashadokuro. He flipped the page to the looks description and was shocked. The book said:

   " The Gashadokuro (がしゃどくろ) are man eating skeleton Yokai that are created by the amassed bones of starving soldiers that died in battle. They bite travelers head off and drink their blood. However, not only are they 15 times taller than the normal human but can also be founded by the loud ringing they make when approaching their victim."

   While he read, he remembered the noise he had heard when he was 8 years old and the figure that followed. He was surprised at the fact that the beast didn't leave him decapitated but instead tried to comfort him. Probably because of his young age. But now, Chan pondered if the said creature would be as kind as the one he had encountered. But there was no time to think. The ringing got even closer and slowly a giant bony figure appeared in view. Chan couldn't do anything else but run.