Chapter 23

"S-Should I call the police??" Chan said as he slowly turned around, but Vernon's arm got in the way and prevented him from escaping.

"No, they'll be no help" Vernon narrowed his eyes. "Here, call Joshua, the name's in the contact list"

Chan clumsily took the phone and unlocked it, searching through the contacts as he did so.

But Vernon on the other hand stared at the men before him as Seungkwan's tears rolled down his cheeks.

"We're lucky today, aren't we?"

"Yes we are Wonwoo" The other smirked. "Two water Yokai nonetheless, how...exciting"

"Wonwoo" Vernon called out. "You don't want to do this"

"Sorry Vernon, it's my job" He stared at the younger. "Once I finish this I'll be able to go back to my house, a place I haven't been able to visit in a long time"

He groaned. "You see, we had to enter that stupid school filled with stupid people just to complete our mission" Wonwoo sighed. "I'm quite surprised I couldn't sense either of your presence in the classroom"

(Of course not! Jeonghan isn't that unskilled as you think!) He thought as he stared at the end of the spear get tighter around Seungkwan's neck. The other yelped with the touch and did not dare to move.

"Too bad so sad" Wonwoo sided. "I guess this will be your goodbye"

He pulled the spear away and launched it to the others' neck. At this, Vernon ran at full speed at Seungkwan and moved the both of them out of the way before the object could reach him.

"Some rebels huh?" Wonwoo turned to the other. "Mingyu, go after the human, I'll take care of this"

Mingyu nodded and looked at Chan who had his back turned against them as he made the call.

"Chan! Watch out-"

The other was pushed out of the way by a strong force and slammed against the wall.

"Don't get caught either Gyu" Wonwoo scoffed. "I don't want any more problems that I already have"

"Don't worry Wonwoo" Mingyu smirked. "I got this"

Chan felt the ache in his body increase by the second, but as soon as he sat up, a foot stood on top of him causing him to fall back down and groan in pain.

"This will be easier than I thought" The man that stood above him sighed in annoyance. "Man~! I want some action too!"

"Fine then" Chan smirked. "I'll give you action!"

In a clumsy motion he kicked Mingyu away and stood up rapidly, running as fast as he could to the opposite side of Vernon's and Wonwoo's battle.

Mingyu smirked.

"Oh it's on"

Lol hi
I'm back