Chapter 29

Jeonghan walked out the door with a frown.

Had he been too harsh? Or had he been to honest? He knew very well that the other Yokai weren't as nice as he was. They wouldn't condone something as delicate as this, especially in the world they're currently living in. As much as Jeonghan wanted to promise Chan everything would be ok, he knew living under the eyes of mischievous creatures was terrifying. And it was time for the younger to face reality.

Trying to make himself think he made the right choice, Jeonghan headed over to the next room he would now have to interrogate. However, he was surprised at the sudden wailing coming from the inside. Filled with concern, Jeonghan walked into the room only to find all four boys he had made sure to separate in a fighting stance. Perplexed, he held a hand to his nape and asked: "What are you guys doing?"

"I can't just leave Jun with them!" Minghao yelled. "He just punched him!"

"Because he came at me with a flying fist!" Seungkwan stated. "How else do you expect me to react?!"

Jeonghan sighed and combed back his hair with his fingers. He needed rest after such a hectic fight, and then stating their excuses wasn't helping him in any way. As a result, he tiredly summoned his Hoshi No Tama and placed the necklace around his neck. After doing so, the fox placed his hands together and clapped.

Almost instantly, smoke appeared from below him, causing the youngsters to immediately shut up and protect their sight. However, once it had faded away, a human with fox ears and 7 tails appeared before them.

His fire filled eyes brought a shiver down their spine. And before they knew it, Jeonghan had already sat down on the tatami(*).

He motioned them to sit down and the others did as told.

Jeonghan sighed. "You guys must know how worried I am right now. So may I ask you, what were you thinking, Jun, when you headed to Seungkwan with a fist?"

The other turned to the side, tears still running down his cheek as his bottom lip bled. The younger refused to admit fault, but at the same time, he knew how much his reputation had just been ruined due to his actions.

"When I woke up, I found a face really close to me. It scared me, to say the least"

With a sigh, Jeonghan turned to look at the other. "I told you two to wait outside"

"I know..." Seungkwan pouted. "But we were curious! How were we supposed to know if he was awake or not?!"

"That's why I'm here Seungkwan" Jeonghan narrowed his eyes. "I couldn't risk you two being in close proximity with a human that knows of our existence"

Silence suddenly filled the room. Jeonghan looked at Jun with a look that pierced right through him. The other shivered and tried his best to look at those brown orbs that stared at him so intensely. But the more he stared the more he was being eaten whole.

"He's not evil" Minghao spoke up. Although he was nervous to be in the presence of a stronger Yokai, he couldn't leave his friend to deal with it all alone. No, he couldn't do that again. So with all his might, Minghao faced the kitsune and took a deep breath. "Jun would never hurt us"

"Besides he has known about us for centuries it's almost impossible for him to forget even if he were dead"

Vernon arched an eyebrow. "What...do you mean?"

Minghao hesitated.

"Jun is.."

"A hanyō(*)"

[ (*) Tatami: a japanese style mat that is normally used in traditional style homes.]

[ (*) Hanyō: a half human half demon creature. It is considered a hybrid and are also known as semi-yokai.]