Chapter 6

Seungkwan nocked on the open door of the teachers' lounge. Thankfully, no one was there, making it easier for him to talk about important matters.

   "Jeonghan, can I talk to you for a second?" He said.

   "Sure" Jeonghan started to pick a few things from his desk and chair making room for the younger one to be able to sit.

   "So, you know Chan right?"

   "Of course I do, he's my new student"

   "Well, I think he knows about Seungcheol"

   "How?!"

   "Well, he told us he saw a Gashadokuro last night roaming around"

   "How many times have I told him to not walk around the city with his skeleton form..." Jeonghan mumbled pulling his bangs back.

   "Does someone else know about this?"

   "I don't think so...(?) Besides, when he told me, Vernon was there and he too said he had never seen a Yokai before"

   Jeonghan sighed in relief. "That's good to know. Did he see any other Yokai or was Seungcheol the only one?"

   "He said he also saw a Bakeneko"

   "A Bakeneko?"

   "He said that while trying to escape, he ran into a graveyard where he saw the Bakeneko"

   "Weird"

   "Very weird"

   "I'll look into it"

   There was a knock on the door. Jeonghan and Seungkwan turned around.

   "Seungkwan? What are you doing here?"

   "Oh! I was just talking to Yoon sensei about you. I thought that it'll be nice if you could join a club!" Seungkwan said, quickly changing the subject.

   "That does sound fun"

   "Great! I'll go show you some of them and then you can choose"

   "I'll assign Seungkwan to show you around and help you with anything else that you don't understand" Jeonghan said. Seungkwan gave him a side eye.

   "Ok"

   The two boys left the room. Jeonghan imidiately took out his phone and searched for a specific contact name. He pressed call and someone answered.

   "Seungcheol you brat, how dare you go walking at night?!"

   "One, hello, good afternoon to you too. Two, I'm literally older than you so you're the brat out of the two of us. And three, I was hungry"

   "You know I can easily summon a person to give to you right?"

   "Yeah but I wanted to have a sense of adventure you know"

   "Thanks to your sense of adventure someone saw you and that person was none other than one of my dear students"

   "Shit, I didn't notice. But what's so important about that? People already we know about our existence so might as well put it to use"

   "You already know what happens when we are discovered. People get scared and they kill us. You know I wouldn't want something like that to happen to you or Seungkwan right?"

   "Yeah...I'll try to be more careful"

   "Don't try you idiot, be more careful!"

   "I will don't worry"

   Vernon ran at full speed to his apartment. He slammed the door open and rushed inside. He headed to the living room and turned on the lights.

   "Joshua! Joshua are you still here!"

   A figure stood up from the couch and stretched. He then proceeded to rub his eyes.

   "Vernon what's all the ruckus about?"

   Vernon went to sit on the couch and hugged him. Joshua just sat there surprised at the sudden embrace but hugged him back either way.

   "I thought they had found you, I thought you were gone once again"

   "What are you talking about?" Joshua pulled away from the hug.

   "A new student told me he saw you in the graveyard last night." Vernon said rubbing his eyes a little. "I thought that by the time I got here you wouldn't be here anymore and that it would all be repeated"

   Joshua sighed. He hugged Vernon again.

   "I promise you I'll be more careful"

   "I don't want to lose you again you know. You're my only family"

   "I'll never leave you Vernon trust me." Joshua pulled away. "Let's go eat something ok?"